Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Starting to worry...

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:50 AM
  • 166 Replies
My 4 year old gets frequent nosebleeds. It started out once every few months. Then about once a month and now just in this month, it's been 3 times. Last night/this morning, around 2am, she wakes up saying she has a lot if boogers so I tell her to clean her nose. As she's doing it she tells me her bed is wet so I'm thinking, "damnit she peed." So I get up and see this huge, okay not huge but about the size of softball, maybe a bit bigger, spot of black stuff. So I get my husband's flashlight and shine the light on the spot and it was blood. Bright red blood. Her face was covered in blood, the tissue had blood on it, it was on her arm, everywhere. Usually when her nose bleeds, it's from one nostril, this time it was from both. I'm really starting to worry. If the weather isn't bad tomorrow, I'm going to try to get her into the doctor to see if they can test her blood for anything. My aunt told me some lady she works with had a son that was the same way and it ended up being Leukemia.

What do you ladies think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Greekmama21
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

It's not if the weather is bad, you need her to be seen by a Dr. ASAP! She should have been already. My thoughts are with you, your daughter and your family. Please update:( 

black.eyeliner
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:54 AM
I have a bleeder too. I was a horrible bleeder. Mine was daily for at least an hour. Annie bleeds once a week and yeah it is bad. We have been checked but it is just how we are. I eventually grew out of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
holls2188
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Bump.

Hope its nothing baby momma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:55 AM
We're expecting a hurricane. :/ Thank you and I will update.

Quoting Greekmama21:

It's not if the weather is bad, you need her to be seen by a Dr. ASAP! She should have been already. My thoughts are with you, your daughter and your family. Please update:( 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beaugrl0824
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:55 AM
5 moms liked this
I get frequent nosebleeds when the air is very dry. Have you tried running a humidifier in the house? I have to have one running.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:56 AM
That gives me some hope. Thanks! What did they do to check to make sure everything was okay?

Quoting black.eyeliner:

I have a bleeder too. I was a horrible bleeder. Mine was daily for at least an hour. Annie bleeds once a week and yeah it is bad. We have been checked but it is just how we are. I eventually grew out of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenangel_353
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:56 AM
I am a bleeder ( kids too) when we have dry air. I bought a humidifier. Problem solved :) Try that mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Is the air dry where you live? That can cause nose bleeds. If it is dry....get a humidifier, that should help.

Often times, nosebleeds are a sign of anemia. Get a test at the doc's....most likely a simple iron pill will be all that is needed.
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Thank you.

Quoting holls2188:

Bump.

Hope its nothing baby momma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I thought maybe it was from the air but we tried a pot if water on the heater before. Not an actual humidifier.

Quoting beaugrl0824:

I get frequent nosebleeds when the air is very dry. Have you tried running a humidifier in the house? I have to have one running.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)