Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Swollen lymph nodes, elevated ESR and CRP. Anyone else?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 4:07 PM
  • 25 Replies

I am going nuts trying to figure out WHAT could be wrong with me. For about a year now I have had swollen lymph nodes that just randomly pop up on several areas of my body. When one goes away, another will pop up somewhere else. And I have always had an elevated ESR. Well, this past week they decided to recheck it and check my CRP as well. Both are elevated so they are now sending me to a Rheumatologist. I am already scheduled to see a Hematologist on Wednesday for the swollen lymph nodes. This is just getting ridiculous.

Tests indicate that there IS inflammation SOMEWHERE in my body (ESR & CRP), yet all the tests keep coming back negative. Lupus - negative. Lyme Disease - negative. CBC - normal. And they have done several other tests for specific conditions and diseases. All negative. I do have fibromyalgia and they SUSPECT some sort of autoimmune disease but so far, they have not been able to pinpoint anything. This ...is... INSANE. I am 24 years old. How the hell can I have so many things wrong with me?! I have never been a drinker, I quit smoking 1.5 yrs ago, I have lost over 100 pounds... yet my health seems to be getting worse instead of better.

Anyone else ever have elevated CRP/ESR? Swollen lymph nodes? If so, what was wrong with you?!

pregnancy calendar
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2five87
by Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 4:11 PM

BUMP!

Mom2five87
by Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 4:14 PM

BUMP!

AM-BRAT
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm in the waiting room at the doc, about to embark on a swollen nodes mission myself. Gl to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supercarp
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 4:20 PM

It's hard to diagnose something that has symptoms that could be a number of different things.  If you are only 24 and you have had 5 children, I can see why your system might be a little messed up. I have 2 friends who lost their thyroid function after only 1 kid. Good luck. Might want to stop having babies for a bit, at least until you are healthy.

KMAsMommy9182
by Toujours Raison on Oct. 29, 2012 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

No ideas, but here's a bump.

Mom2five87
by Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Well, thanks for your input but my thyroid is fine and I don't really think having babies has anything to do with this.

Quoting supercarp:

It's hard to diagnose something that has symptoms that could be a number of different things.  If you are only 24 and you have had 5 children, I can see why your system might be a little messed up. I have 2 friends who lost their thyroid function after only 1 kid. Good luck. Might want to stop having babies for a bit, at least until you are healthy.

pregnancy calendar
Mom2five87
by Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 4:25 PM

BUMP!

Mom2five87
by Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Thanks and good luck to you too. Do you have any other symptoms besides the swollen glands? I have pretty bad fatigue sometimes and achy muscles/joints.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I'm in the waiting room at the doc, about to embark on a swollen nodes mission myself. Gl to you.

pregnancy calendar
Mom2five87
by Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 4:33 PM

BUMP!

eema.gray
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Systemic inflamation like you're experiencing is a strong precursor to heart disease.  :-(  Figuring out the source and eliminating it will help tremendously.

Would you be willing to consider drastic dietary changes?  For some people, wheat/grains and dairy are strongly inflamatory.  They don't cause the classic symptoms of food intolerance/food allergies but they wreck havoc with your body all the same.  There are some good books on the subject - I recommend The Blood Sugar Solution (Hyman), Wheat Belly (Davis), and The Paleo Solution (Wolf) - but unless you luck into the "right" doctor, most mainstream doctors aren't going to discuss or even think about food as a possible cause.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)