Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:39 AM
Replies (51-60):
Savedfromsin79
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Well since you like quoting the whole section of scripture..

I felt YOU WOULD WANT TO KNOW..

That the context in which your using that is wrong.

Matthew 7

King James Version (KJV)

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye

It was never ment to be used as a don't judge.. It was ment to tell you to becareful in how you judge others. It says to be having a fair measure on how you judge someone.. because GOD WILL JUDGE YOU THE SAME WAY YOU JUDGE OTHERS..

I mean without judgement how would you know if your at a RED LIGHT or a GREEN LIGHT. You must use your JUDGEMENT! It is a judgement call to go or stop. 

Actually there is alot of VERSES telling us we will be judges.. EX 

1 Corinthians 6:3

King James Version (KJV)

Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Nice try though!

Quoting Arwyn724:

A) The tone of your post is haughty, I couldn't care less what your eyes look like.  If that is the level of your reading comprehension, no wonder you think the Bible is logical and non-contradictory.

B)  You make a post that you KNOW will be devisive...aka 'sowing discord'

Are you in fact Christian?  If so, judge not lest you be judged.

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

A) HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT MY EYES LOOK LIKE? You have not seen me.

B) I admit there are those who claim to be Christians.. aka brethren WHO I don't agree with. That doesn't mean I sowed ANYTHING. 

I did disagree.. so yes there was discord. In this post I suppose I could be blamed for sowing. 

Quoting Arwyn724:

OP, I feel if you resort to quoting bible verses, you should use the entire thought.

Proverbs 6:16   There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to Him:

6:17  haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood.

6:18  a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil,

6:19  a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers

I've highlighted the ones you are guilty of, and as there are no degrees of sin, then you are as guilty as anyone else.  So, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.......

Make your own choices, but let everyone else make theirs, also.  Not everyone believes in your God.

I agree there is no degree of sins. I agree I am guilty of much. 

jillbailey26
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:27 AM
2 moms liked this

What about women that are married, planned for the baby, wants the baby, but their life is in danger simply by carrying the baby?  What about a valid medical reason that risks the mother's life?  How do you decide who's more important, the child or the mother?  Because I can tell you that not every abortion is simply for an unwanted baby.

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

I think everyone knows if you have sex IT MIGHT RESULT IN PREGNANCY! If you don't want to be pregnant.. THEN EITHER HAVE MULTIPLE FORMS OF BIRTH CONTROL including becoming sterilized if you don't ever desire more children OR DON'T HAVE SEX. 

Yes I admit sex is a very pleasureable experiance. But it is not something YOU MUST HAVE! People can live happy furfilled lives without it. 

Not that I am even suggesting that. I am simply stating it is a possiblity!

And do you realize you just said that  "Having an opinion on abortion means you think you have the answers for pregnant women" 

Isn't pro-choice.. an opinion.. isn't that a proposed answer! 

WOW! 

Yes. I think allowing a child to live is a good idea. HELLO! THIS IS CAFEMOM.. We are all supposedly here cause we have children. Which one of your children did you really sit there and think.. OK.. ME HAVING AN OPINION ON KEEPING IT OR NOT KEEPING IT... That apparently is an issue? NO you had that child.. why? Because there is only one choice once you are pregnant. At some point it has to come out of your body.. 

Pro-life says WAIT TILL IT IS ABLE TO LIVE.

Pro-Choice says.. It is ok to take it out when you know it won't live! It is ok to terminate life.

And just so were crystal clear. Scientific definition of "life" is when something is replicating itself. On mars they would classify a mass of cells replicating to be ORGANIC LIFE. 

Why suddenly is it not a life when it is in your uterus??? It just isn't convenient for government, health and scientists to state a life is growing.. Because they are selling the remains of those fetus's to be used in many scientific agencies, they send those fetus's to be used in dna testing. And much else. That is why it is ok for them to suddenly change the definition of "life" in this arena!

If you are so casual about your sexual habits don't make it my problem by claiming I  think I have all the answers. 

A person who is out there sleeping with people and making no plans or protecting themselves from consequences of their own actions are being highly unresponsible. So the problem isn't mine!

Quoting alwayskk:

Yes, you are correct. I am assuming, based on your point of view.

People who are pro life think they have the answers for pregnant women. If they did not think that, they wouldn't have an opinion on making abortion illegal.

If you think abortion should be illegal, then what do you think people should do when they become pregnant with a child they did not want or plan for?

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

I have never ever ever said I have the answer to all things.

I have the answer to VERY LITTLE!

Which is why I often get grouched at for quoting others.. 

Again YOUR ASSUMING!

I have not stated any of that. Maybe someone else you know has done so.. I have not! 

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

mommysangelface
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Innocent blood is.shed every day.

It is NO ONE'S business what someone else does with their body

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

I will vote for the most pro-life candidate, because God hates the shedding of innocent blood (Proverbs 6:17).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:41 AM
I am anti- abortion but I don't think being pro-choice is taking the easy stand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gypsy_rose
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM

While abortion is not for me I do not think that we should stop allowing them. THOUGH I think they should not be covered by medicaid more that 3 times. 

For information please click the ribbon. 

I have something known as Nerofibromatosis. This illness causes tumors to grow within my body. I currently have brain tumors which affects my ability to function 100% normaly. My memory is poor as is my spelling and grammar abilities. It is a part of who my youngest is and a part of who I am. It is not all of ether of us.

My husbands best friends brother has a condition known as tuberous sclerosis. He was supposed to have died at a very young age. He is now close to 30 and still alive. He has had a few brain surgeries and has had to have his shunt replaced a few times. They run a program to help people with this condition. This ribbon will take you to their website where information on TS is located. 

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Damn really...We just get back from a diaster and already with abortion debates. -_- Oh yea you get the side eye.

And since you want to start it. Pro life is the easy stance because it doesn't require you to think long term consequences and it usually involves minding everyone's business but your own.

Arwyn724
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

Well since you like quoting the whole section of scripture..  I don't actually

I felt YOU WOULD WANT TO KNOW..I don't actually care what the Bible says to you.  I care about my legal rights being taken away by a group of religious zealots.  

That the context in which your using that is wrong.

Matthew 7

King James Version (KJV)

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye

It was never ment to be used as a don't judge.. It was ment to tell you to becareful in how you judge others. It says to be having a fair measure on how you judge someone.. because GOD WILL JUDGE YOU THE SAME WAY YOU JUDGE OTHERS..OK...then do not ban abortion for everyone until you have walked in their shoes.  Judge a woman's own personal rights fairly...do not impose your beliefs of what is right on others.  And let them decide how they shall be judged in the end (or not, according to their beliefs).  Do not impose your morality or religious beliefs on others. 

I mean without judgement how would you know if your at a RED LIGHT or a GREEN LIGHT. You must use your JUDGEMENT! It is a judgement call to go or stop.  This is ridiculous...a red light means stop, a green light means go...there is no judgement involved, just knowledge of the law.

Actually there is alot of VERSES telling us we will be judges.. EX 

1 Corinthians 6:3

King James Version (KJV)

Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Nice try though!   Snarky much?

Quoting Arwyn724:

A) The tone of your post is haughty, I couldn't care less what your eyes look like.  If that is the level of your reading comprehension, no wonder you think the Bible is logical and non-contradictory.

B)  You make a post that you KNOW will be devisive...aka 'sowing discord'

Are you in fact Christian?  If so, judge not lest you be judged.

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

A) HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT MY EYES LOOK LIKE? You have not seen me.

B) I admit there are those who claim to be Christians.. aka brethren WHO I don't agree with. That doesn't mean I sowed ANYTHING. 

I did disagree.. so yes there was discord. In this post I suppose I could be blamed for sowing. 

Quoting Arwyn724:

OP, I feel if you resort to quoting bible verses, you should use the entire thought.

Proverbs 6:16   There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to Him:

6:17  haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood.

6:18  a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil,

6:19  a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers

I've highlighted the ones you are guilty of, and as there are no degrees of sin, then you are as guilty as anyone else.  So, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.......

Make your own choices, but let everyone else make theirs, also.  Not everyone believes in your God.

I agree there is no degree of sins. I agree I am guilty of much. 

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 11:12 AM

As for the guy in the OP holding the sign. When he grows a uterus I might listen to what he has to say.   Using Religion or scripture to back up ones viewpoint on a topic is a moot  point unless your talking about yourself. (general self) Not everyone has the same religious beliefs and forcing another person to live their life based on your POV is asinine.  (non specific your) I happen to be pro life for myself and if you were to ask me my opinion on what you (general you) should do  your gonna get a pro life stance. However I'm pro choice when it comes to the law because I have no right to dictate what someone Else does with their body.  If we lived in a perfect world where everything was peachy and no one ever got pregnant unless they wanted to be pregnant, Women didn't get raped or children were not raped.   the world is not perfect and the issue is not black and white. There is a ton of grey areas.

grey7399
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

LMFAO!!!!  Pro choice is the common sense, educated stand.

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way. Robert Frost
Oceana09
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I will vote for the most pro-choice candidate because I also remember that God gave us such a thing as free will. 

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

I will vote for the most pro-life candidate, because God hates the shedding of innocent blood (Proverbs 6:17).

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN