Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:39 AM
Replies (61-70):
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Nov. 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I will do with my vagina and uterus as I please. If I abort a baby, it's MY soul and my business. I don't need you to work to save my soul; mind your own and save your own soul.

If a man is against abortion, here's what he can do to prevent it: wear a rubber. I'm a chick so it's not my business what men do with their penises. The only penis I have ever made a decision about is not circumcising my son. I wouldn't want a piece of my crotch cut off either. But he is my responsibility. I'm not anyone's responsibility so they need to butt the heck out of my crotch.

If you're a chick and against abortion, don't have one. Plain and simple.

The last time we combined law and religion, people were burned at the stake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redbutterfly666
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 11:24 AM

dont like them dont get them simple as that, but dont try to control my(or any womans) uterus because you think its baaaaaad

oooh and in regard to the post, its very easy just to say "dont do it"

Liyoness
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Such a funny mindset from a country that is so pro-war. Its citizens protest the abortion of unwanted lives, yet egg each other on to kill lives that actually have impact and meaning.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
davnrori
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this

I have to disagree with you. No where in this passage does it say to be careful how you judge others because God will visit the same judgement on you. What it does say is don't be a hypocrite. When it talks about a "mote" this is a small particle, used in this case as a flaw. So what it says is how can you judge a small flaw in others, yet ignore your own "beam", in this case a larger flaw or fault. How can you tell your fellow man how to repair his own faults when you are also guilty of faults? Then it goes on to say basically, HYPOCRITE, first fix yourself and THEN, when you are without fault, and only then, can you tell anyone else how to fix themselves. And since the bible clearly tells anyone who reads it that no one is sinless, then we should not be judging anyone.

As an aside- What do you think happens to babies who are unwanted but carried to term? Do you think that once the baby is born, the unwilling mother suddenly has a change of heart and becomes the best most caring mom in the world? Do you think that all these babies will get put up for adoption and go to a caring and deserving couple? If that's what you think then you are delusional. I guarantee you that if abortion is made illegal, the rates of infanticide will skyrocket in the U.S., as will the rates of infant abandonment, neglect, and abuse. But I guess in your mind that's okay. As long as your moral code is satisfied, then who cares what the end result is?

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

Well since you like quoting the whole section of scripture..

I felt YOU WOULD WANT TO KNOW..

That the context in which your using that is wrong.

Matthew 7

King James Version (KJV)

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye

It was never ment to be used as a don't judge.. It was ment to tell you to becareful in how you judge others. It says to be having a fair measure on how you judge someone.. because GOD WILL JUDGE YOU THE SAME WAY YOU JUDGE OTHERS..

I mean without judgement how would you know if your at a RED LIGHT or a GREEN LIGHT. You must use your JUDGEMENT! It is a judgement call to go or stop. 

Actually there is alot of VERSES telling us we will be judges.. EX 

1 Corinthians 6:3

King James Version (KJV)

Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Nice try though!

Quoting Arwyn724:

A) The tone of your post is haughty, I couldn't care less what your eyes look like.  If that is the level of your reading comprehension, no wonder you think the Bible is logical and non-contradictory.

B)  You make a post that you KNOW will be devisive...aka 'sowing discord'

Are you in fact Christian?  If so, judge not lest you be judged.

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

A) HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT MY EYES LOOK LIKE? You have not seen me.

B) I admit there are those who claim to be Christians.. aka brethren WHO I don't agree with. That doesn't mean I sowed ANYTHING. 

I did disagree.. so yes there was discord. In this post I suppose I could be blamed for sowing. 

Quoting Arwyn724:

OP, I feel if you resort to quoting bible verses, you should use the entire thought.

Proverbs 6:16   There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to Him:

6:17  haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood.

6:18  a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil,

6:19  a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers

I've highlighted the ones you are guilty of, and as there are no degrees of sin, then you are as guilty as anyone else.  So, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.......

Make your own choices, but let everyone else make theirs, also.  Not everyone believes in your God.

I agree there is no degree of sins. I agree I am guilty of much. 

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Nov. 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I really love that you said that being pro-life doesn't require you to think about the long term consequences. It's so true!

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Damn really...We just get back from a diaster and already with abortion debates. -_- Oh yea you get the side eye.

And since you want to start it. Pro life is the easy stance because it doesn't require you to think long term consequences and it usually involves minding everyone's business but your own.

stephs5isenough
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 12:01 PM

She is not trying to force everyone to have the same view as she does.  She is simply telling us her view.  Thie is no different than so many other posts I see in here where people tell us there views on things.

Ofcourse I will say that I happened to agree with Tonia's view (OP) where as much of what I read in here I most definitely don't agree with.  But I know people will tell us their views on things anyway.

Quoting alwayskk:

A limited worldview: one in which you think you have the answers for everything. One in which you believe that other people should have the same morals as you. One in which you believe you know what is right and wrong in every instance. 

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

Good then I will address you both!

1) Why does any of what I said.. Make me have a LIMITED world view? Do I not have access to the same information as you? I watch the news. I see the public programming. I also read multiple Internet publications. Including the Drudge report. I go onto BOTH Liberal and Conservative sites all over the Internet. I don't cherry pick my facts. I have read both sides. BUT YOU WOULDN'T KNOW THAT.. WOULD YOU.. EITHER OF YOU? You don't know me. You don't know what I do. You only Assume that because I posted a bible verse I must be ignorant! Thanks but no thanks. Your not pasting me with that line of malarkey!

Stating you support something but think it is either wrong for yourself is not "enlightened" it is merely saying you will watch others do things and support their right to do them.. REGARDLESS of the results. Because it doesn't DIRECTLY EFFECT YOU!

But it does directly effect the society you live within. It does directly effect the nation you live in. SO the IGNORANCE.. Is to believe that people who's lives are so tied to one another can actively support something and not be affected!

Just like paying taxes.. You will feel the effects if someone doesn't pay. Not right away, Like if that person was in your home and not paying rent or something.. But in a  slower and more long term way.

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

She said exactly what I was going to say.

Quoting alwayskk:

I would have to disagree.

The easy part is having a limited world view in which you feel you have the right to dictate the actions of others.

MUCH easier than to say, "I may not agree with this but I understand why it should be legal."

Click my tag to follow me to:

Living In the Arms of Jesus

alwayskk
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I neither said nor implied that she was trying to force anyone to have the same view as she does.

She simply thinks everyone should.

Quoting stephs5isenough:

She is not trying to force everyone to have the same view as she does.  She is simply telling us her view.  Thie is no different than so many other posts I see in here where people tell us there views on things.

Ofcourse I will say that I happened to agree with Tonia's view (OP) where as much of what I read in here I most definitely don't agree with.  But I know people will tell us their views on things anyway.

stephs5isenough
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 12:04 PM

God never did say it is okay to kill children.  It is true that there are stories in the Bible telling of children being killed but God did not say it was okay.  The Bible tells us things that happened so that we can learn from them. 

Quoting BrookeNicole86:

For a group of people who are supposed to be so righteous and good, it's people like you who give Christians a bad name. Judging people and telling them what they're doing is a sin is not the way to win people over. And if you really want to play by the "because the bible tells me so" game, how many instances were there in the bible where innocent children were killed? Double standard much? It's okay to kill children if GOD says its okay.....

Click my tag to follow me to:

Living In the Arms of Jesus

owl0210
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 12:06 PM
*yawn*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rhiannon1980
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I am pro choice. I also don't believe in god and think religion should stay out of it. Not everyone believes in god I see it as religion being forced apon people.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)