Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you dread most about the holidays?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: This season can definitely be a stressful time. What's the worst part of it for you?

Options:

Family stress.

Gift giving.

Breaking the budget.

Party perfection.

Weight gain.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 251

View Results

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Replies (111-120):
PestPatti
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I don't dread too much about them, except maybe the drinking that will be involved with the inlaws. Otherwise no real issues.   My sons are older, so its great for us all to get together.  And throw in presents, well that's just a bonus...

rockabillybetty
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:40 PM
I dread bfs judgmental shit talking two faced family visiting . Im starting to just hate them all :))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autiemama516
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I couldn't vote in your poll because I chose 3! Weight gain family and breaking the budget! 

idareyou
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM

F. Other

TIPTONTNSAHM
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I love the fact that we live far away from my mil. I know it bad of me to say, but I know you are all thinking you wish you could live thousands of miles away from your in laws. But, the bad thing is so is my family. They live far away I miss them most around holiday's. I don't get to see my mom and my niece. I wish they could visit but they don't have the money. I haven't seen them in two yrs. Does anyone have a present idea that says sorry mom I can't be there, Without breaking the bank?

momx4_1973
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:45 PM
I don't know if it goes under stress, but the worst part of it is my mom not being here! She passed away January 22, 2011...I've been through it one year already and STILL not looking forward to the holidays without her! Thanksgiving and Christmas were her favorite holidays...she would always cook up a storm and always enjoyed all of the family and food. Even her last Christmas she enjoyed, even though she was so very sick! So yeah that's the worst for me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KMAsMommy9182
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Being on the opposite side of the country from my family :(

TresHijas111825
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:31 PM

The budget can be stressful too as I always find myself wishing I could spend more-but thats just because I love buying presents! =)

The family thing and dividing my time between my husbands family and my family  STRESSES me out. Just thinking about it now is giving me anxiety-the holidays are the most contentious part of year for my husband and I. Growing up the way we spent holidays was just SO different-now after 7 years of marriage and 9 years together total-we are finally starting to get the hang of things.

RLT2
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Wrapping-I hate all the never ending wrapping

taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:57 PM

For me, it's family-related.   My extended family always likes 'debate' (it's arguing, IMO), and it drives me crazy.  If the topic moves to politics, watch out.  It could just about come to blows.  Also, New Year's Eve is the anniversary of my grandma's death.  It will be 2 years since her death this New Year's Eve.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN