Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you dread most about the holidays?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: This season can definitely be a stressful time. What's the worst part of it for you?

Options:

Family stress.

Gift giving.

Breaking the budget.

Party perfection.

Weight gain.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 251

View Results

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Replies (121-130):
jamieharper08
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I often feel pulled. My kiddos have 3 sets of grands and 3 great grands. I hate cutting their time with one family, to run to another :/

tennisgal
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

nothing really. i love this time of year and any stress i feel i apparently quickly forget b/c I've got nothing to complain about tonight. lol. 

rockmyworld
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM

I voted family stress, but its not really stress. Its the noise level with 10 kids in the house! I love Christmas afternoon because my kids and their families eat brunch and open gifts Christmas morning before rushing off to their in-laws.

chalisa0
by Kim on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't dread anything.  I never have-even when we didn't have much money.  Then, I just shopped the clearance sales all year.  I got a ton of presents for very little money.  Now, I just love everything about the holidays.  It can always works out if you plan (like buy stuff for next year on clearance the days after Christmas.  There is no excuse.)

maciymommieof3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:14 PM

OK....None of the above.... I love the holidays...and I love the "holiday stress" much better than "executive work stress" LOL

Need an option that says:  "I Love the Holidays"

maciymommieof3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:15 PM

exactally.........we don't have a "voting option" for  people like us.

Quoting chalisa0:

I don't dread anything.  I never have-even when we didn't have much money.  Then, I just shopped the clearance sales all year.  I got a ton of presents for very little money.  Now, I just love everything about the holidays.  It can always works out if you plan (like buy stuff for next year on clearance the days after Christmas.  There is no excuse.)

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Commercialization.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Numom61507
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:15 AM

The idiotic rivalries between my siblings. We're all in our 30s and 1 is almost 30 yet there is always some bullcrap fight going on..

VarelaClan
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:18 AM
I guess for me...I don't like the food. Not because of weight gain, but because I don't eat meat and all that other unhealthy stuff my family cooks up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ara-myangel
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:33 AM
I dread not having my grandmother around to enjoy the holidays with. We still end up at her house (she had my aunts and uncles promise they wouldn't sell the house) to celebrate. But it'll never be the same even after 8 years that she's passed
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)