Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you dread most about the holidays?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: This season can definitely be a stressful time. What's the worst part of it for you?

Options:

Family stress.

Gift giving.

Breaking the budget.

Party perfection.

Weight gain.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 251

View Results

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Replies (31-40):
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Crowded stores and restaraunts, traffic ALWAYS being terrible. People being in a constant rush. People being assholes because they're stressed and rushed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryanneMac
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:59 PM

this is the first year that I'm a diabetic...so all of those cookies that I can't eat!!

sheramom4
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Baking. Yes, that's it...the baking. I don't particularly enjoy it, but I am fairly good at it so everyone asks me to do it. The rest of it is down to an exact science.

elzingah36
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:04 PM
People in general. That's my fear of the holidays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ultra_
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Gift GETTING! I get tons of gifts for my kids and they're all either WRONG sizes when I specifically said which sizes or duplicates. Also, I get tons of little bath sets that are from the $5 shelf at Walmart. They say it's the thought that counts and I agree. Those gifts though are absolutley thought LESS. I know you just grabbed 5 off the shelf in 5 minutes stuck them all in bags and handed me one. It's not the monetary value I care about. I'd a rather had something made that you know I like or a $5 gift card to Starbucks. Even though it's only $5 and it gets just one drink, if you know me, you'd know that would make me so happy. You'd also know I don't use any soap that's not antibacterial. So the next following days are spent in the return lines. 

dingysfamily
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:56 PM

None of those stress me out ... you need another button on your poll!!!

Family stress ... just don't let it get to me; it's not worth it

Gift giving ... I get ideas and go by that; again, it's something not worth stressing over.  If I can't find what is suggested easily enough, I'll give money or a gift card & let the kid (it's always something for a kid in this instance) find it!

Breaking the budget ... no stress here.  We set a budget we can afford and just stick to it.  We tell our kids what the budget for the grandkids is when we ask for suggestions on what they want/need, so they know; they are fine with that ... when you have 5 kids & 16 grandkids, not to mention other family members & a very select few friends you buy for, you have to set limits and stick to them.

Party perfection ... don't have parties!  No stress there.

Weight gain ... already weigh too much, so it's always part of my worries, but I just don't let it stress me out anymore.  Not worth it.

AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Weight gain, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsunshine77
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:59 PM

no money and needing to buy gifts.  I love to give gifts and having no money is really frustrating to me.  I would buy for everyone if i had money.  LOL  I LOVE IT!!! 

A_McCool
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:03 PM

The worst part for me is having to spend time with family.  I hate large gatherings.  I tend to hide and play with the kids the whole time.  I hate interacting with the other adults in my family.

Momtogirls0823
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:16 PM

My  mom not being around.  She passed away recently.  Also, I dread work as always.  I work retail so although I love the holiday season I soooo do not enjoy work.  Then also the family stress/drama as always.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)