Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you dread most about the holidays?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: This season can definitely be a stressful time. What's the worst part of it for you?

Options:

Family stress.

Gift giving.

Breaking the budget.

Party perfection.

Weight gain.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 251

View Results

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Replies (61-70):
SunCrazy
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:53 AM
I love spending time with our families especially for the holidays. However it never fails our presence is requested at 2 or more places at the same time. Of course it's not possible to visit everyone and they're understanding. I just hate all the hurry and running around. It's over before we know it and hardly feels enjoyable.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chattycat65
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM

What i dread about the hoildays is that everyone seems to think that if you don't give gifts it is not a hoilday. My husbsond and i will promble just have a nice lunch and it will seem like just another day. I can't put a tree up cause my two cats thinks it is something to chew on or pull over. My brithday is only 2 weeks befor xmas and that is sad.

LAH2x
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:15 AM

None of the above, the worst part is the COLD weather :(

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM

The pressure people put on themselves..

osubucksbaby
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Absolutely nothing. I love the holidays!!!!!! :)
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:26 PM

ugh there are so many things I don't likeabout the holidays. I can't get my kids lots of gifts or even a couple super expensive ones so I know my ex's family is judging me on that. My family drives me insane, so while I'm very happy to be with them the first half hour, the rest of the day/night is pure torture. I never know what to get anyone when I *can* afford to get them something, and I tell everyone DO NOT GET US ANYTHING, WE WILL NOT BE GETTING ANYONE ELSE ANYTHING. So when they *DO* give us something, I feel like crap bc I'm unable to return the favor.

So...gift giving, family time, breaking the budget/going broke, and...the traveling. Thankfully this year I'll live near everyone, so the driving around won't be too horrible and we always try to plan it out so there isn't a ton of running around, but darnit. I just wanna stay home with my kids.

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:27 PM

OH. And the Christmas music. I'm sorry, but I hate it. I will tolerate it Xmas Eve and Xmas Day in the car, but other than that, I do NOT want to hear it.

sonnyswoman75
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I love Christmas music but its ridiculous they play it so early.I think it shouldnt start until the day after Thanksgiving!

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

OH. And the Christmas music. I'm sorry, but I hate it. I will tolerate it Xmas Eve and Xmas Day in the car, but other than that, I do NOT want to hear it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justahousewife
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Not having a man on my arm when going to family dinners. I get treated differently when I'm single. This year will be the worse because I was in the last relationship for more than one holiday season so family has come to expect something new of me. I can handle everything else but the relationship status puts a huge damper on my holidays. 

I'm almost thinking of inviting the ex-so just for the sake of not being the center of attention. I hate that.

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Working instead of being with my family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)