Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you dread most about the holidays?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: This season can definitely be a stressful time. What's the worst part of it for you?

Options:

Family stress.

Gift giving.

Breaking the budget.

Party perfection.

Weight gain.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 251

View Results

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Replies (81-90):
twoblues
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Having to see my MIL. She goes FAR out of her way to make others feel terrible because of her own unhappiness.

onethentwins
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I don't dread anything about the holidays; I love them. The shopping, the wrapping, the music, the food, the parties, the giving, the family getting together, the decorating. It's awesome!

wreathholding giftsholding ornamentssanta green

wildlilacs
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:39 PM
All of the above. And unreal expectations. And the stress trying to meet those ecpectations. This year, im like, to hell with it. Aint doing anything for either holiday. Gonna try to get the grands a wee something, thats all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Astaroth
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Going to my super-Christian in-laws, dealing with a few of SO's family members who don't like me, and the ever-present possibility that SO's ex will shove her way into time set aside with the family specifically so we don't have to see her.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Travelling

Luv_my_hubby
by Nikki on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I dread my parents coming for Christmas.. well really I dread MY MOM... She undermines my DH & I when it comes to our DD. She causes me a lot of stress. I love the years she goes to my sisters house which is almost 3hrs away. Sadly it's my year :(

3xangel
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM

crowded stores & people complaining about being too broke to buy gifts.

PlaysAllDay
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM
The worst part is all the rude people. I hate having to go into a store or parking lot this time of year.
jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I said family stress.. but it's more planning/budgeting, and stress on myself.. have both my daughters birthdays in december.. so between thanksgiving, their birthdays, my nephews birthday (also a december baby) and christmas.. there is a lot of planning to do..

The gifts part I'm done with though ;)

redbutterfly666
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:23 PM

having to listen to the arguments about religion or politics or what ever my grandparents feel like arguing with my dad about -.-

last year they started yelling at eachother so bad i had to walk down the street to the river until they stopped

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN