Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Flirting...when you're married!

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Is it ever okay to flirt when you're married (with someone other than your spouse)?

Options:

Sure, a little flirting is harmless.

No way - it's not appropriate.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 725

View Results

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Replies (121-130):
gee22
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't see anything wrong with it.  As a matter of fact, that's how my DH and I met each other.  At college, he was the biggest male flirt and I was the biggest female flirt.  It's our nature and we have never tried to change each other.  We know that we love each other and that we are not out there looking for anything or anybody else so a little innocent flirting is no big deal.  As long as he doesn't do it around me and I don't do it around him, it's no big deal.  Innocent flirting never hurt anybody -- as long as it's just that-- INNOCENT.  I know he does it and he knows I do it. We even tell each other about it sometimes.  It's not that big of a deal.  And getting a little attention from the opposite sex from someone other than your spouse gives you a little ego boost.  Like I said, as long as it's all innocent flirting, we don't see the big deal. 

HIJKLM
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:16 PM
So you're not comfortable with your DH pooping?

Quoting DollFace-23:

I don't like watching him poop, so does that mean I should stop doing that too?

Quoting angevil53:

Depends. You should never do anything you wouldn't feel comfortable with your dh doing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3infl
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:18 PM

It is harmless.

CountryStrong84
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I think as long as you both are confident then it shouldn't be an issue. And as long as its harmless. I can tell my husband if I have a crush on someone, we trust each other like that :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tashraq87
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:21 PM

What if you flirt with eachother's friends? We do it all the time, in front of eachother especially at the bar, or while we are having a group thing like a bonfire. My husband will flirt with a friend of ours and I'll flirt with some friends of his. It's actually quite funny and his friends flirt with me and he doesn't care. In fact, all of our friends flirt with one another. Small town and the same group of friends since Kindergarten.

Now if it was a total stranger, then no it is not okay.

devastatedhurt
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:25 PM
This sound like one big contradiction. You dint mind it at all but it makes you uncomfortable and you ask him too stop....

Quoting workoutmom2b1g:

My husband is the biggest flirt of them all. Its pretty comical. he esp likes flirting with older woman. He loves them! I don't mind. I have no issues wth my self or our relationship. With that being said, once and awhile it makes me uncomfortable, and when asked to stop he does. No harm done. 

in love

devastatedhurt
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM
This sound like one big contradiction. You dint mind it at all but it makes you uncomfortable and you ask him too stop....

Quoting workoutmom2b1g:

My husband is the biggest flirt of them all. Its pretty comical. he esp likes flirting with older woman. He loves them! I don't mind. I have no issues wth my self or our relationship. With that being said, once and awhile it makes me uncomfortable, and when asked to stop he does. No harm done. 

in love

devastatedhurt
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM
This sounds like one big contradiction. you don't mind at all but it makes you feel uncomfortable and you have to ask him to stop....

Quoting workoutmom2b1g:

in love

Momniscient
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM

You didn't put an other.

Yes. It is okay to flirt if your soon to be ex husband is using everything in his lawyers power to drag out a court ordered divorce and the only thing missing is his John Hancock that the judge is very close to just forcing him into.

Yep. Totally okay then.

Mommy2BeAmy
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Then why be married if you're going to flirt with others? It's wrong
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN