Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

To the "Weed isn't harmful.. its not a drug, it's a plant" idiots..

I understand intelligent arguments as to why weed is not as bad as other drugs, but saying "it's not a drug, it's a plant" is the stupidest thing I ever heard..

I can't believe I've had to edit this twice.. I know you guys SUCK at reading comprehension, but try to understand... I'm not here saying "weed is bad mmm-kay." I saying telling me that weed isn't bad or a drug for the simple fact that is a plant, and trying to use that for an argument is STUPID. Just because its a plant doesn't make it safe, as you can see from my examples... So if you're going to tell me that weed isn't bad, then that's fine!! But try using a BETTER ARGUMENT!! That's all I'm trying to say here..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Replies (211-220):
mama2beautiesnb
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:46 AM
native american?

Quoting tansyflower:

oh i know.  she uses it in rituals and what not.

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

they are a very rare exception.

Quoting tansyflower:

i know a friend who grows their own tobacco.  totally organic lol :)

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

the difference is heroine, cocaine, and tobacco go through a chemical process and with weed you can pick it, dry it, and smoke/eat it.

Quoting Tatum2U:

Since tobacco and Heroin are both drugs and both have harmful and plant derived , I would agree that being a plant is a lame argument. But I do believe it should be legal and taxed. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:47 AM

yes :)

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

native american?

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

the difference is heroine, cocaine, and tobacco go through a chemical process and with weed you can pick it, dry it, and smoke/eat it.

Quoting Tatum2U:

Since tobacco and Heroin are both drugs and both have harmful and plant derived , I would agree that being a plant is a lame argument. But I do believe it should be legal and taxed. 

Tatum2U
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:48 AM

You are welcome to think whatever you want but the truth is that pot is not always simply pot there often are other chemicals in the bag of pot that's purchased in the streets (That's a reason to legalize - control of quality and safety ) but this argument that pot is a plant is imho stupid. There are natural plants that could kill you . There are many valid reasons for legalizing but pot being a plant is not one of them.

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

the people who do those things are very rare and few. however there is absolutely no chemical process for pot.

Quoting Tatum2U:

Sure but if you had a poppy plant you could get high from it w/out chemically processing it . You could simply dry your tobacco and smoke it etc etc.. Still think being a "Plant" is a dumb argument for legalizarion ...and I do think it should be legal.

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Quoting Tatum2U:

mama2beautiesnb
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
figured as much. born n raised in oklahoma lol.

Quoting tansyflower:

yes :)

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

native american?

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Quoting Tatum2U:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XJetX
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:49 AM
If its organic, don't panic!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2beautiesnb
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:50 AM
ive smoked since i was a teen and never have i ever come across weed mixed with other chemicals.

Quoting Tatum2U:

You are welcome to think whatever you want but the truth is that pot is not always simply pot there often are other chemicals in the bag of pot that's purchased in the streets (That's a reason to legalize - control of quality and safety ) but this argument that pot is a plant is imho stupid. There are natural plants that could kill you . There are many valid reasons for legalizing but pot being a plant is not one of them.

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

the people who do those things are very rare and few. however there is absolutely no chemical process for pot.

Quoting Tatum2U:

Sure but if you had a poppy plant you could get high from it w/out chemically processing it . You could simply dry your tobacco and smoke it etc etc.. Still think being a "Plant" is a dumb argument for legalizarion ...and I do think it should be legal.

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Quoting Tatum2U:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manicMOM_DLC
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Me.

Quoting goodmama85:

No it don't other ppl shouldn't have to fucking put up with that. Who wants to smell that all day fucking long?

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

it needs to be legal everywhere. the washington state and colorado was breaking news this morning. it sets the ball rolling.

Quoting goodmama85:

Well I hope they don't legalize that nonsense here in ny. I smell enough of that in my building :/

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

not to those over 21 yrs old up to an oz in washington state and colorado!

Quoting goodmama85:

I agree. It's still a DRUG and still ILLEGAL

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
veganistic
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:57 AM
I understand what you're saying, and you are correct, but WGAF? Don't smoke it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
veganistic
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:57 AM
I understand what you're saying, and you are correct, but WGAF? Don't smoke it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tatum2U
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:04 PM

How would you know? And WHY are you arguing the point? It's a Valid reason to make marijuana Legal after-all.

The owner of a Gaylord laboratory which tests locally grown medical marijuana fears patients who use black-market pot may be subjecting themselves to unsafe levels of mold and pesticides.-

Four samples of marijuana bought off the streets in Gaylord, Metro Detroit and Traverse City, however, contained pesticides upwards of 440 ppm of permethrin, 630 ppm of cypermethrin, and 485 ppm of beta-cyfluthrin. By comparison, for spinach, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) sets residual limits of permethrin at 20 ppm and beta-cyfluthrin at 6 ppm. Tomaski said the USDA limit for cypermethrin is 14 ppm.

Mold, dirt, and suspected insect droppings were also found in the samples, according to Tomaski.

“These are unfit for consumption,” he said, noting he’s published those findings on his Web site in what he calls “The Schwag Report.” “Schwag” is a slang term for low-grade marijuana. http://articles.petoskeynews.com/2011-09-06/medical-marijuana_30121082

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

ive smoked since i was a teen and never have i ever come across weed mixed with other chemicals.

Quoting Tatum2U:

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Quoting Tatum2U:

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Quoting Tatum2U:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN