Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how far in advance for halloween?

Posted by   + Show Post

how far in advance do you plan your childs costume?

last two years we have gotten lucky with dd's costumes

she was raggedy year before las and this year she was a scarecrow. i recieved mulitple compliments on it. i got the bright idea of dressing her in little red riding hood and my oldest son as the big bad wolf and me as the grandma

what do you ladies think?

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:29 PM
I'm already thinking about next year, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:30 PM
That's cool. I just do it differently. Since my kids could talk, so probably by aged 2 I would just leave it up to them. So if I tried to plan now for next year, they would change their minds 60 times, lol.

Quoting silverdawn99:

they are only 7,5 and 3 so i ususally do plan them but they have input

Quoting christina0607:

I allow my kids to be whatever they want, so I would never plan their costumes for them.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:39 PM

We started in about August - he had to decide what he wanted, we made almost all his by hand, if it wasn't something huge, we would begin mid to late sept, but sometimes we started in august.

This costume we started in august, it was mostly me paper mache making the balls on the arms and the helmet, doing a few layers a night.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:44 PM

oh my!! that looks awesome!! how did he fit in your car?

Quoting FooLynRoo:

We started in about August - he had to decide what he wanted, we made almost all his by hand, if it wasn't something huge, we would begin mid to late sept, but sometimes we started in august.

This costume we started in august, it was mostly me paper mache making the balls on the arms and the helmet, doing a few layers a night.

lisa601
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Usually less than 2 weeks. This year they decided to be Smokey and the Bandit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Why would he be in my car??

Quoting silverdawn99:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:05 PM

you took him trick or treating didnt you?

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting silverdawn99:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:31 PM

When we trick or treated it was on our feet, you drive around trick or treating? I never heard of that.

Quoting silverdawn99:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting silverdawn99:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:33 PM

have to :( in our town its hit or miss. most of the time miss

Quoting FooLynRoo:

When we trick or treated it was on our feet, you drive around trick or treating? I never heard of that.

Quoting silverdawn99:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting silverdawn99:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Oh lol - well during this costum period we still lived in philadelphia, close row homes, a block could net you 30-40 homes easy. 

Quoting silverdawn99:

have to :( in our town its hit or miss. most of the time miss

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting silverdawn99:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting silverdawn99:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)