Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Leap pad 2 , innotab 2, or nabi 2? For a 5 year old?

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:50 PM
  • 10 Replies
I can not decide which one. He turns 6 i nmarch. He loves to color, and draw. Hes learning his letters and how to write all that. He had a little sister that is 18 months old. And of corse she wantsnthe crayons and eats them. Anyone have any of these learning systems? Ideas ?
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tennisgal
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Try a Nook. They are in the same-ish price range as the LeapPad2. I think he will be too old for those you mentioned in the very near future. I also haven't been too impressed with the availability of games and books for the devices mentioned. All the books were character books so thats why we didn't get a leappad (no actual children's literature available). 

AmandaMichele
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Check out the kurio it's at toys r us
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Winchester
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:13 AM

My DD has an innotab.  She honestly played with it a few times the first week and that's it.  She plays with my Ipod more.  I am actually thinking of putting it used on craigslist and using the money for more junk she won't play with for Christmas this year. LOL

Linds2Horse
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I agree with the first response.  Don't waste your money on any of these and get a tablet instead. Your son will get a lot more use out of a tablet  than any of these devices. Plus apps for a tablet are a lot cheaper to buy than the cartridges for these devices.

My son is 6 and has both a leap pad and an ipad.  Even though the ipad was a larger initial investment, it has by far been a better value than his leap pad.  He got bored with his leap pad after the first week. He uses his ipad for everything - school work, homework, entertainment.

phish2
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:27 AM
I like the nook idea lol thats what i am using right now! I never thought of that. Ty
taz1993
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:47 AM
dd has the nabi 2 and innotab. she loves them both but prefers the nabi 2. we got the nabi 2 for her 5th bday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LanasMommy0504
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:52 AM
My DD, 6, has a Nook Color. We got her the LeapPad for Christmas last year because she loved my Nook so much. I quickly regretted it. She beat the games we got her in a month and quickly lost interest in it. We sold it on Craigslist and bought her the Nook Color for her birthday in May. She uses it almost every day. The children's books and apps are so much better than the games you have to buy for the LeapPad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livin.the.Dream
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Nabi 2, my dd 6 just got one for her birthday! Best thing ever! 

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:10 AM

My IL's got our 4 year old a Leap Pad 2 for Christmas. We would not spend that much on a tablet for her as she is not responsible enough. My MIL got a protector for it as well as the warranty to be on the safe side. Dh works in the techonology field and he does not think children should have those products at young ages, which is why our girls don't have actual tablets or e-readers at the ages of 4 and 7....

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Shaynas_Mommy
by Country Sweetheart on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Bumping for responses. I have a daughter that will be 6 in March, and have been trying to decide what to get.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)