Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Just remember....(my one and only comment about the election)

Posted by   + Show Post

It is not a President that makes a country weak in the eyes of the world, it is that country's lack of support and respect for their President that does.

Don't make America a joke by fighting amongest ourselves and not sticking by the rules we agreed upon.

You all have the right to be upset, bitter, pissed off, and to moan and to groan, but in the end he is the President ...if you are really that upset about make a real change and run for public office if not take a lesson from Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood (on PBS) and find something good about the results of the election....set an example for the kids

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Replies (41-50):
JustCJ
by Charlotte on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:33 AM

ooooh I love this too.

Quoting jmetz4:

Can I steal this breakdown of the pledge? People seem to be so focused on God in the pledge, they forgot what the rest of it means.

Quoting crwspringer:

I couldn't agree more. People seem to forget the Pledge Of Allegiance and what it means.

“I pledge allegiance” (I promise to be true)
“to the flag” (to the symbol of our country)
“of the United States of America” (each state that has joined to make our country)
“and to the Republic” (a republic is a country where the people choose others to make laws for them -- the government is “of, by and for” the people)
“for which it stands,” (the flag means the country)
“one nation” (a single country)
“under God,” (the people believe in a supreme being)
“indivisible,” (the country cannot be split into parts)
“with Liberty and Justice” (with freedom and fairness)
“for all.” (for each person in the country...you and me!)

The pledge says you are promising to be true to the United States of America, not to a political party. We should all respect and fight for the fact that we are free to choose our president and once that person has been chosen to ALL stand beside that person and to do our best to support decisions to make us a better country.

MaryanneMac
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:31 AM

agree

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:34 AM

BUMP

k_hall1784
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I agree 110%. It's disgusting the way that we fight with each other. Although I disliked Bush, I never made a huge deal of it. I respected him as my president and that's all that we need to do. We look extremely pathetic to other nations right about now.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Very true!  All of this in-fighting is what's hurting us.  If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

pamelax3
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I agree! I am disappointed but I will show respect for the office and the man that holds it

Quoting Teeshann:

i agree. i'll admit i'm dissapointed but now here's hoping he'll have a better term and can turn some things around.

la_bella_vita
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Well said

Butterfly1108
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Very nicely put ;)
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:02 PM

i agree

twoblues
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Well said.
If you are an American, then support America's choice in a president. Over half this country chose Obama. Romney had his chance and he lost.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)