Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone here sell Avon?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM
  • 11 Replies

Do you make any money with it? I'm sorely tempted to start selling Avon just so I can get SOME sort of income. 

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HaloWithHorns78
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Yes but I didn't make much. It's a pain in the ass to get customers and then make sure they pay for the products they ordered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paparazzi5bling
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I did, have had ups and downs, mostly downs.  It is expensive to continually purchase the brochures that change every other week.  I do Paparazzi Accessories now and love it!  I mean if you love Avon you may do well with it - I love the jewelry.  I wear it every day - random strangers won't usually say "you smell good i like your perfume"  but they will say "i like your necklace..." it's easier to talk to people about it, for me anyway.  You earn a flat 45% on all your sales.  If you have any quetions about Paparazzi PM me.  Another bonus: there's only about 12,000 reps in the US instead of the 400,000+

mistync
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:02 AM
I used too and actually made pretty good money, until they started sending me huge orders of things I never ordered and charging me for orders I never ordered or received. They charged me for over $1000 for items I never received. I did finally get it straightened out but in the time it took me to fix all that mess I lost my client base to another agent.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I love AVON but it's the pain in the a-hole.................Just saying 

ColieO
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Seems like all the Paparazzi reps live in Utah. Lol. There are a bunch I know.

Quoting Paparazzi5bling:

I did, have had ups and downs, mostly downs.  It is expensive to continually purchase the brochures that change every other week.  I do Paparazzi Accessories now and love it!  I mean if you love Avon you may do well with it - I love the jewelry.  I wear it every day - random strangers won't usually say "you smell good i like your perfume"  but they will say "i like your necklace..." it's easier to talk to people about it, for me anyway.  You earn a flat 45% on all your sales.  If you have any quetions about Paparazzi PM me.  Another bonus: there's only about 12,000 reps in the US instead of the 400,000+

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmbivalentWiz
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I didn't make anything off of Avon really. The area I lived in was just flooded with reps.

angel424
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:26 AM

yes I do, and I left you a message in your chatterbox. (it woudnt let me post my website hear). visit my website with your info and I will give you a call.

Paparazzi5bling
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Paparazzi is based out of Utah and just opened to direct sellers in December 2010, that's why the majority are in Utah.  I am in Virginia - so if you are outside of that area it really gives you an open market.  

Quoting ColieO:

Seems like all the Paparazzi reps live in Utah. Lol. There are a bunch I know.

Quoting Paparazzi5bling:

karen2112
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I used to sell Avon and did very well, until the economy bottomed out. Went from $900 orders to $90 orders. Depends on how affluent your area is. I would wait until the economy is better.

kansasmom1978
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I sold Avon for a year. It's a waste of time. Unless you make the time and effort to really put yourself out there and bug ppl to buy you won't make a dime. You have to pay for all your samples, bags, order forms and catalogs. I would never do it again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN