Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone here sell Avon?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM
  • 11 Replies

Do you make any money with it? I'm sorely tempted to start selling Avon just so I can get SOME sort of income. 

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HaloWithHorns78
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Yes but I didn't make much. It's a pain in the ass to get customers and then make sure they pay for the products they ordered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paparazzi5bling
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I did, have had ups and downs, mostly downs.  It is expensive to continually purchase the brochures that change every other week.  I do Paparazzi Accessories now and love it!  I mean if you love Avon you may do well with it - I love the jewelry.  I wear it every day - random strangers won't usually say "you smell good i like your perfume"  but they will say "i like your necklace..." it's easier to talk to people about it, for me anyway.  You earn a flat 45% on all your sales.  If you have any quetions about Paparazzi PM me.  Another bonus: there's only about 12,000 reps in the US instead of the 400,000+

mistync
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:02 AM
I used too and actually made pretty good money, until they started sending me huge orders of things I never ordered and charging me for orders I never ordered or received. They charged me for over $1000 for items I never received. I did finally get it straightened out but in the time it took me to fix all that mess I lost my client base to another agent.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I love AVON but it's the pain in the a-hole.................Just saying 

ColieO
by I Rock on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Seems like all the Paparazzi reps live in Utah. Lol. There are a bunch I know.

Quoting Paparazzi5bling:

I did, have had ups and downs, mostly downs.  It is expensive to continually purchase the brochures that change every other week.  I do Paparazzi Accessories now and love it!  I mean if you love Avon you may do well with it - I love the jewelry.  I wear it every day - random strangers won't usually say "you smell good i like your perfume"  but they will say "i like your necklace..." it's easier to talk to people about it, for me anyway.  You earn a flat 45% on all your sales.  If you have any quetions about Paparazzi PM me.  Another bonus: there's only about 12,000 reps in the US instead of the 400,000+

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmbivalentWiz
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I didn't make anything off of Avon really. The area I lived in was just flooded with reps.

angel424
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:26 AM

yes I do, and I left you a message in your chatterbox. (it woudnt let me post my website hear). visit my website with your info and I will give you a call.

Paparazzi5bling
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Paparazzi is based out of Utah and just opened to direct sellers in December 2010, that's why the majority are in Utah.  I am in Virginia - so if you are outside of that area it really gives you an open market.  

Quoting ColieO:

Seems like all the Paparazzi reps live in Utah. Lol. There are a bunch I know.

Quoting Paparazzi5bling:

karen2112
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I used to sell Avon and did very well, until the economy bottomed out. Went from $900 orders to $90 orders. Depends on how affluent your area is. I would wait until the economy is better.

kansasmom1978
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I sold Avon for a year. It's a waste of time. Unless you make the time and effort to really put yourself out there and bug ppl to buy you won't make a dime. You have to pay for all your samples, bags, order forms and catalogs. I would never do it again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)