Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is 5 too young?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM
  • 32 Replies

For a concert? My daughter LOVES TobyMac, and he's having a concert near us next month. I was thinking about taking her as either a late birthday or early Christmas gift. But, I'm a little worried about whether she might be too young for a concert, if the volume of things could damage her ears. I know behaviour wouldn't be an issue, she's very well behaved 99% of the time.

I'm a designer at the best siggy group on CM--click here to check it out!

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dylansmom08
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I would suggest bringing her ear plugs because it could get too loud.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xLilBit22
by La Melodia on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Heres a bump
Reepicheep.CSL
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
It should be okay. You could always bring headphones if it gets too loud. At least you know it won't get rowdy!
I love Toby Mac!
Astaroth
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:44 PM
I wouldn't worry about her as much as the crowd. What type of venue is it? I'm a stagehand, and have been to a ridiculous amount of shows. I wouldn't worry about the sound level if you're not right up at the front. I've seen younger kids at bigger shows and festivals.
Astaroth
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:46 PM
I doubt he has much by the way of pyro, and thats the only thing I'd worry about bringing ear plugs or headphones for.
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:46 PM
I would take her:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Don't know who that is but took our one dd to see the Jonas brothers when she was 4 I think.
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:46 PM

As long as you are sitting away from the speakers and not in the pit she'll be fine sound wise. Crowds aren't usually that bad and I've been to many rock concerts.

redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I wouldnt but that is my opinion. I remember the first concert I went to was when I was in 5th grade and it was WAY too loud for me and staying up late enough to watch the whole concert was difficult. That was a Garth Brooks concert. 

A.B.C.brown07
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
The concert? No. The crowd scene? Probably. I hate it too because I have a 6 year old who would love to go to a concert. But I wouldn't expose her to the adult concert crowd scene so early . People are belligerent idiots
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN