Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who Else Cried?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:54 PM
  • 24 Replies

My daughter had her 2 month old appointment today, which means she had to get her first immunizations.

She was peacefully sleeping, but as soon as the nurse inserted the first needle into her little thigh, she cried until she began losing her breath. I couldn't help but cry myself. I kept telling myself that I wouldnt cry, but when I saw her cry like that, the tears began to flow.

Did anybody else cry? Or come close to this? Or was I just being over sensitive?

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
connie45
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Totally normal. I did it too with both my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_WC_Mama
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:56 PM

When my children were babies I couldn't bare to look when they got their shots,I remember one appointment my DD got stuck 4 times,2 in each thigh and her screams were so gut wrenching it sounded like she was getting injured,I almost started to tear up...I remember when my son was a baby I started to tear up at a few appointments,gosh I miss when they were that small.

grey7399
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I cried a little and felt silly for it, giggled and cried a little and giggled.

Oceana09
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I didn't, but that's because DD didn't cry during hers. She, no joke, sounded like someone was killing her when they weighed her and got her measurements, but was quiet as a mouse when they gave her her shots. She's still the same way.

AmandaMaeBell
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I did.  :(

Athenas_mom
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:03 AM
I cried with my dd but not with my ds. By the time my ds started getting his shots we had already been through almost having surgery.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:04 AM
I personally had the strongest instinct to beat a nurse. Knowing that was completely illogical. But I actually moved towards her a bit before catching myself. I had PPD at the time, too.. so .. I wasn't entirely grounded at the time anyways. But when DD turned purple with pain and rage, I felt the rage. Strongly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:06 AM
I never came close to tears for just immunizations....I knew I was doing the right thing for my children, that's all I needed.
I did cry in the ped's office a few times over the years - but those were visits where my kids were diagnosed with something scary or life changing.
GinasMommy412
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Same for me.

Quoting grey7399:

I cried a little and felt silly for it, giggled and cried a little and giggled.

Lilmommaxo
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Yeah I did :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)