Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm packing my bags as we speak!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:08 AM
  • 12 Replies
For the nut house that is...I have absolutely no clue how I am even standing sane right now. I ended up taking my 5 year old to his ped yesterday around 4pm. He has had a continuing fever, cough and runny nose for the past 5 days. Yesterday he woke from a nap with a fever of 103, coughing to the point of chocking and not being able to caught his breath and just very unlike himself. I took him in and his ped told us to go straight over to the ER. There he was given an iv due to dehydration, a round of iv antibotics, a chest xray and multiple breathing treatments. We didn't get home until 10:30pm. When I got home Dh was past out on the couch. I woke him up and we headed to bed. I got pj's on, brushed my teeth and washed my face before crawling into bed. Mind you I have been up with my 5 year old son since 5am. I lay down and fall right to sleep. 35 minutes later around 12am our two year old comes walking in our room. He has learned to open doors and turn on lights. I spent the next two hours walking him back to bed trying to get him to go back to sleep. Finally around 2:30am he passes out. I am having a hard time falling back asleep. At 3am my 7 year old comes in the room saying he had a bad dream. I take him potty and walk him back to bed. At this point I am so exhausted I can't even think straight. I fall back asleep only to be woke up at 5:15am by my 2 year old and 5 year old. I put them in bed with me and find something on tv for them to watch. 5 minutes to 6 my 7 year old comes in the room asks if I'd make cinnamon rolls for breakfast. My Dh has already left at this point. All week he's been gone by 6am and home after 8pm. I make breakfast and get the boys situated with cartoons. I go and get dressed, brush my teeth and wash my face. I feel like crap but am managing. Dh is out of town for the next 3 days and the boys are off school today. I have to go to the grocery store, bank and petsmart today. Don't know how I will manage. Please someone pinch me. Maybe this is all a bad dream. UGH!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
autiemama516
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Hugs Mama you will make it. Why is there no school today? Veterans day is Monday.

Kageegirl
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:12 AM

A pic of my little man being so brave last night!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kageegirl
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Teacher conferences

Quoting autiemama516:

Hugs Mama you will make it. Why is there no school today? Veterans day is Monday.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autiemama516
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Quoting Kageegirl:

Teacher conferences

Quoting autiemama516:

Oh thats a good idea to take a whole day off. Here we have 4 half days where they are dismissed at noon!

heartnhidin
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Hugs. My lo was just in the ER, it really takes so much out of everyone. Can you sneak in a nap today?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:15 AM
What was your little guy diagnosed with? That sounds awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Sherry on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Just hug them tightly, say a little prayer, and thank whatever you believe in for them. You're a very good momma and this too shall pass. 

connie45
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Coffee and more coffee.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chalisa0
by Kim on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Uuugh.  I hate days like that.  Eventually, they'll grow up and you'll get some sleep-lol.  Hope your little one is ok!

Momtogirls0823
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry to hear about your day.  I hope your lo feels better soon.  I agree with a pp--coffee and more coffee.  If you're desperate, I found the throwback Mt. Dew to be quite effective.  If you can, try to sneak in a nap, though.  Maybe they'll all sit and watch a movie for you?  Good luck!  I hope it all goes ok!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN