Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Our new pregnancy and an Infertile family member UPDATE!!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:28 AM
  • 66 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello ladies this is a long story so I will try to shorten it up as much as possible while still giving you a good idea of what is going on right now. When I met my DH 4 years ago I already had a daughter of my own (Whom now is 5) She was 1 and a half when we got together. Been together for 4 years and got married in July of this year 

DH's parents have adored her from the start and treated her as their own always. Spend lots of time with her and take her to do things very often, DH has a Brother and SIL that have been together 9 years, About two years after we entered the family the announced there were going to try for a baby. Sadly, They have been having issues with infertility and have been so heartbroken over it. Somethin

g I don't dare even pretend of understand and feel awful about.

One night at dinner DH's parents announced that they want to take us all on a vacation to FL after thanksgiving to go to Dinsey. This enraged SIL and she said she was thinking of not going because it would be too painful to see all the kids there knowing they were having problems concieving. That made dinner very uncomfortable. The only reason DH's parents are taking us on vacation mind you, is because SHE (SIL) put something on facebook about them not taking us on vacations anymore(I thought that was rude as hell and started to see right through her).

So to end the story DH and I who are 30 and 28 Decide that you know what, we want to try on our honeymoon in Jamaica to concieve I was due to ovulate the day we got there and the whole week of our honeymoon. I couldn't believe it and thought to myself "What are the odds of this?" We both agreed if it happened it was meant to be, and if not we would discuss our next step when we got there.

Well, we went to a wedding the weekend before leaving for our honeymoon and SIL gets drunk and starts going on about how DH is favored over her hubby and how his parents are ALWAYS at my daughters Soccer games...wow..Then she eventually tells us that she can't believe we would say something to othrs infront of her about how we wanted to try for a baby after marriage..and that it was "Their" time...and we should NOT be trying..So,we go on our honeymoon and we both agree that while we feel horrible for them we can't put our life on hold and shouldn't have to...So we try anyways and find out right after we get back that I am 4 weeks preggo it happend on our first try and the day we got there we are pretty sure. Since hearing the news she has bashed me on fb delated me and DH..and has nothing to do with us or any of the family...I am trying to understand where she is coming from and feel so bad for her..even left feeling a little guilt that it happened so fast..always feel like I have to walk on eggshells around her..anyone dealt with something simular or have any advice? She used to be so swet and we always got a long :(

UPDATE!!! SIL IS 4 WEEKS PREGNANT BIL just announced it today at work to hubby...hopefully now she will come around...I am very happy for them even though her actions hurt both of us..they really deserve this child ...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xAvas_Mommyx
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:33 AM

BUMP!

Piskie
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:34 AM
6 moms liked this
She's being a bitch.
Yes its painful, but no, other peoples lives don't stop, and shouldn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xAvas_Mommyx
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Quoting Piskie:

She's being a bitch.

Thank you that is how I feel. I think she is going a bit overboard. Being the person that I am though I am trying really hard to understand what she is going through and to not be so hurt by her actions.

Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Exactly

Quoting Piskie:

She's being a bitch.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flywifey86
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Congratulations! She's really upset and jealous and she shouldn't act that way.. Don't let her stress you out keep living your live.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2Bellarose
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM
4 moms liked this

She sounds like she has issues beyond infertility!! Don't feel one bit bad for wanting a child with your husband and don't go out of your way to accommodate her bitterness. I have felt this because I was unable to conceive for over 10 years. During that time we watched all our siblings have babies and yes it did sting but NEVER was I unhappy for them or treat them like crap! I celebrated right along with them although my heart did ache. She sounds like a spoiled brat who has a hard time not getting what she wants. So sorry and congratulations on the pregnancy! Enjoy!!

xAvas_Mommyx
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Quoting flywifey86:

Congratulations! She's really upset and jealous and she shouldn't act that way.. Don't let her stress you out keep living your live.

Thank you we are so excited. Family drama sucks though... :( lol

Pink.Frosting
Kind of worried tonight. Our diabetic dog has decided to refuse her insulin shots. Not sure where the situation will go from here.... :-(
Tuesday at 10:32 PM
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Well, from someone ttc and watching everyone else get pregnant - it is hard.  But this chick is way over the top!!  There is no excuse for her behavior and you should not have to feel one bit gulity!  Congrats on your prenancy - enjoy every second of it regardless of if it turns sil into a green eyed monster or not!

kansasmom1978
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM

She's in pain my friend. She is taking her hurt out on you. Congrats on your pregnancy and fuck her. She may be hurting from not being able to have a child, but she's acting like a 4 year old.

The_Doodle
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM

IT's understandable that she is upset andhurting over it but she is to the point that she is lashing out at others and that is not ok. You should not feel bad about your good news. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)