Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Sleepover with opposite sex at 7 years old in same bed (update)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey everyone, I am not fake, I have been on cafemom before but it was a very long time ago and I can't remember any of my info so I made a new one (just got re-married so I needed a fresh start anyways :))

Okay so my step kids just got here from there moms for the weekend and at dinner sd said that her brother had a sleepover last night with the girl he has a crush on at his bm's house. She said they slept in the same bed. He is 6 and the girl was 7. I find this completely and totally inappropriate. Am I wrong?

Update:

So I am reading the responses and just want to clarify a few things. I understand I am the "step mom". I am not poking my nose in her (BM's) business.  I just wanted to get ya'lls opinions to see if I was the only one who see's it wrong..

His older sister also said when she walked into the bedroom the girl was sleeping on top of him!!! I think that's just asking for problems later on in life. It may have been meant to be "innocent" but I just find it totally not okay for them to be sharing a bed!

Thanks to everyone for their input. I am not going to say anything to BM, because I agree with ya'll that it's not my place but if it continues to happen my hubby will address it as he see's fit :)

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
christina0607
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM
6 moms liked this
He has a crush on her? Where is he even learning about that?

At that age I don't see the big deal....except that obviously he is being exposed to grown up feelings that he has no business having. So I think that's where the parenting fail comes in.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
_WC_Mama
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:15 PM

That's not apporpriate at all

slashteddy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I'd be pissed also.

kansasmom1978
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I would not let a boy stay over with my dd. She's 7. When her brothers have boys stay over, I make her sleep in our room just to be safe. I may be paranoid. Surviving child sex abuse can do that a person.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Thats not ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KMAsMommy9182
by Toujours Raison on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:53 PM

He has a crush on her and they slept in the same bed??? 

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:28 AM
7 moms liked this

I agree with this.  But I do remember having a crush when I was 7.  He was a classmate of mine.  We did everything together, pretty much.  Played astronauts, army, Transformers (hey, it was 1985 for cryin' out loud).  Honestly, I don't see the sleepover or them sharing a bed as inappropriate.  The adults are making it something it's not.

Quoting christina0607:

He has a crush on her? Where is he even learning about that?

At that age I don't see the big deal....except that obviously he is being exposed to grown up feelings that he has no business having. So I think that's where the parenting fail comes in.

Bri060492
by Bri on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I don't think it is right. sadly that isn't your call. you are not their mom and it wasn't your house..

mmtosam06
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:34 AM

nope its wrong on all levels

Borne_Wonky
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Inappropriate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)