Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Sleepover with opposite sex at 7 years old in same bed (update)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey everyone, I am not fake, I have been on cafemom before but it was a very long time ago and I can't remember any of my info so I made a new one (just got re-married so I needed a fresh start anyways :))

Okay so my step kids just got here from there moms for the weekend and at dinner sd said that her brother had a sleepover last night with the girl he has a crush on at his bm's house. She said they slept in the same bed. He is 6 and the girl was 7. I find this completely and totally inappropriate. Am I wrong?

Update:

So I am reading the responses and just want to clarify a few things. I understand I am the "step mom". I am not poking my nose in her (BM's) business.  I just wanted to get ya'lls opinions to see if I was the only one who see's it wrong..

His older sister also said when she walked into the bedroom the girl was sleeping on top of him!!! I think that's just asking for problems later on in life. It may have been meant to be "innocent" but I just find it totally not okay for them to be sharing a bed!

Thanks to everyone for their input. I am not going to say anything to BM, because I agree with ya'll that it's not my place but if it continues to happen my hubby will address it as he see's fit :)

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Replies (21-30):
Oceana09
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Omg, that's not ok. The only time that would EVER be appropriate in my book is if they were family. I don't know how many times when I was little and spending the night at my cousin's house (who was older by 3 years) I would climb into bed with him because the furnace would turn into a monster lol. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
wildlilacs
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:42 AM
7 moms liked this
No big deal. Really? At 6 and 7? All they did was sleep. Heck, when my youngest dd spent the nite w her cousins, they all slept on the bed or floor together. And crushes arent adult feelings. Kids can like each other, it wasnt sexual. I remember my youngest dd liking/crushing on a boy when she was 5 cos he liked playing on the swing like her. Now at 9/10, then no.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KelissaMaye
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Definitely inappropriate. That can be deemed as unfit parenting/abuse.
heatherd09
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Ya, definitely inappropriate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:44 AM
I wouldn't allow it.
heatherd09
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:45 AM
I think cousins are a little different.

Quoting wildlilacs:

No big deal. Really? At 6 and 7? All they did was sleep. Heck, when my youngest dd spent the nite w her cousins, they all slept on the bed or floor together. And crushes arent adult feelings. Kids can like each other, it wasnt sexual. I remember my youngest dd liking/crushing on a boy when she was 5 cos he liked playing on the swing like her. Now at 9/10, then no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shyone_91786
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:52 AM

No it is not ok but what can you do about it if it's her kid and not your husband there is nothing you can do. I had a bff boy and we wanted to spend the night but both of our moms said no even though we did not undersand why at the time I am greatful now that I am older that she set those kinds of rules

spiritclua
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Now that we are hearing about kids having sex at a younger ages. Extremely young kids moelsting other kids yeah I can understand the fear. However, have you calmly talked to the bm to find out what exactly happened? When I was growing up boys and girls did not have sleep overs at any age unless it was a Church Lock In but that was a little different. So yeah I find inappropriate.

Liyoness
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:55 AM

If they are good friends, I do not see the issue.

Honestly, I find that young for sleepovers, but I know that I was having sleepovers at that age, and I know that kids in my children's classes are having them as well. I just can't wrap my head around it just yet.

JennPearce
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this
No you are not wrong! That woman is in for a rude awakening if she condones that in a couple years.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)