Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Sleepover with opposite sex at 7 years old in same bed (update)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey everyone, I am not fake, I have been on cafemom before but it was a very long time ago and I can't remember any of my info so I made a new one (just got re-married so I needed a fresh start anyways :))

Okay so my step kids just got here from there moms for the weekend and at dinner sd said that her brother had a sleepover last night with the girl he has a crush on at his bm's house. She said they slept in the same bed. He is 6 and the girl was 7. I find this completely and totally inappropriate. Am I wrong?

Update:

So I am reading the responses and just want to clarify a few things. I understand I am the "step mom". I am not poking my nose in her (BM's) business.  I just wanted to get ya'lls opinions to see if I was the only one who see's it wrong..

His older sister also said when she walked into the bedroom the girl was sleeping on top of him!!! I think that's just asking for problems later on in life. It may have been meant to be "innocent" but I just find it totally not okay for them to be sharing a bed!

Thanks to everyone for their input. I am not going to say anything to BM, because I agree with ya'll that it's not my place but if it continues to happen my hubby will address it as he see's fit :)

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Replies (41-50):
AmericanChild82
by Chrissy on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:21 AM

SO WRONG!!!

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:27 AM
4 moms liked this

this is a situation of adult placing adult feelings and ideals on innocent children, sounds like this mom is allowing them to be innocent and not shoving gender roles and distrust of the opposite sex which is wonderful IMO, if kids aren't given the thought of wrong things wrong things won't happen. 

luvcloudydays
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 3:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting truealaskanmom:

this is a situation of adult placing adult feelings and ideals on innocent children, sounds like this mom is allowing them to be innocent and not shoving gender roles and distrust of the opposite sex which is wonderful IMO, if kids aren't given the thought of wrong things wrong things won't happen. 

I actually agree with this.

ashbrydio
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 4:38 AM
Yes, it's inappropriate!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
usmc.momma
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 4:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Damn, I guess my grandparents shouldn't have let me and my cousins sleep in their California king growing up...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JLS2388
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 6:30 AM

Well since she is the MOM and she was ok with it and it was on her time, it was up to her. It's a judgement call. I had sleepovers with my friend who was a boy till even after 6 or 7.

JLS2388
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Ummm, SM is not is a position to have a "talk" with mom. This is her son, her time, her call. Now if dad has a problem with it, HE can voice his concerns to mom but in the end, when it's her time, it's her call.

Quoting charlie_06:

No you are not wrong at all, Id be pissed about that and having a talk with the mom. Alittle young to be starting that and the kids thinking its ok with it

JLS2388
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 6:35 AM

Also, do you really want to start your marriage off by causing problems with the mom of you step kids? You need to remember that while you are married to their dad but she is their mom, that doesn't change because you get married.

ForeverInLove
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 6:43 AM

I was 5 when the neighbor slept over...in my bed. We even took a bath together that night, and I have a picture, lol. I had a HUGE crush on him, as he did I. Guess what? While we knew we had different parts, we knew nothing more. We were good friends, having a good time laughing, giggling, and playing. We are still good friends to this day.

LaughingTattoo
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 6:45 AM

Quoting luvcloudydays:

Quoting truealaskanmom:

I actually agree with this.

Agreed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)