Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how do you tell your kids teachers they will miss the last week of school

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:21 PM
  • 110 Replies
I hope the schools don't mind.

We found out today that we will be in Disney world that week for my sons baseball tournament. I wish it could have been a week later...but those are the dates.

Has anyone ever had to miss the last week? I need to figure out a way to break this to their teachersr.

Other than that I'm pretty excited!!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

The last week as in summer break?  That is a long way off so i wouldnt tell anyone else in school district.

christina0607
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:47 PM
You think I should spring it on them at the end of the year?

Quoting frndlyfn:

The last week as in summer break?  That is a long way off so i wouldnt tell anyone else in school district.

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM
I wouldn't. That's more than the allowed number of absences and I don't really want to deal with the truancy officer or DCF.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Do you really think DCF would be called over kids going to Disney? That's assinine.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I wouldn't. That's more than the allowed number of absences and I don't really want to deal with the truancy officer or DCF.
christina0607
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:50 PM
I actually have no idea what the allowed number of days are. I've never paid any attention. We're definitely doing the tournament, there really is no option there.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

carter210
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:50 PM
I would just wait. What grades are they in? Unless they are in HS I don't see it being a big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:51 PM
I'm really not worried about that. My kids are great students and I don't think the schools will punish us....they just may not be thrilled with it.

Quoting epoh:

Do you really think DCF would be called over kids going to Disney? That's assinine.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

christina0607
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:52 PM
1st, 3rd and 6th when would you tell them....may maybe?

Quoting carter210:

I would just wait. What grades are they in? Unless they are in HS I don't see it being a big deal.
epoh
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Fortunately for you it's not their place to be thrilled or not that you've taken time to spend as a family.

Let them know during spring break and don't care how they feel. It's really not there business what you do with your time.

Quoting christina0607:

I'm really not worried about that. My kids are great students and I don't think the schools will punish us....they just may not be thrilled with it.

Quoting epoh:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM
If you go over your allotted number of absences, yep. And I live IN Orlando. Baseball and vacations are not excused absences.

Quoting epoh:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)