Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you find it disrespectful if another person checks out your SO while you're sitting right there?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:08 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you think?

Options:

Yes

No

Other (Explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 12

View Results

I got into this discussion with my good friend/DH's cousin the other night. There is a girl at church that sits in the row in front of DH and I. We both noticed that she would turn around and look at us a lot during the church services. I started to suspect that she was actually looking at DH, when she didn't turn around smiling when it was just me at church. Also, I have passed by her multiple times and said "Hey, how are you?", and she wouldn't say a word back. The other day while DH and I were walking to Sunday school, we passed by her and DH said "Hey.", she got a smile on her face and said "Heyyy.". Lol. I don't really care. It just reminds me how lucky I am to have a sexy man. =)

To the point, sorry. I was telling my friend about it. (BTW, he's a man.) He thought I was getting all mad about it. I said I'm not mad, it's not like I'm gonna go up to the girl and scream in her face to stay away from my man. If she ever actually goes so far and makes a move on him, I might just calmly tell her, to have some respect. Well, my friend and I got into a debate on if we think it's disrespectful for someone to look at a man or woman while their SO is sitting right next to them. He doesn't think it is. I think it is. I mean, like I said like 5 times already, I'm not gonna go scream at her, but yes, I do find it kind of disrespectful. If I were single, I would never give a flirty look like that to another man while his SO is sitting right next to him. I wouldn't do it even if their SO wasn't next to them if I knew they were taken. Maybe you guys can settle our debate. lol.

by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
rebel_mommy09
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:12 PM
It's very disrespectful. Last weekend my SO and I went out and 2 women hit on him. Like one asked for a kiss. It was all I could do not to kick her ass then and there lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I would say something. Like " oh honey isnt my husband gorgous?!" Or just flat out kiss him full on the mouth right in front of the tramp.

jillbailey26
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

If it was once, like someone passing us by in the store or something, no I wouldn't feel disrespected.  In your situation, I would.  Simply because it's constant.  I wouldn't get to the point where I'd yell "Step off my man!"  I wouldn't think highly of her though.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Look don't stare
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Sherry on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Eh, I'm the type that doesn't care. Actually, for me it's commical, cause my husband doesn't ever notice it. He's completely oblivious to all matters of flirting, which cracks me completely up. 

I don't know if I'd be offended. I think I would just have a lot of sympathy for someone who was so eager to have what I have. Because she doesn't stand a chance in hell. LOL. 

AubreeG16
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:19 PM
I had this one girl who was laughing with her friends and then she asked my SO "hey sexy, why are you with that 12 year old bag head and kids" I was embarrassed and he told them to gtfo of his face. I'm 17, he is 21 and we have 2 year old twins.. I cried... :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:20 PM

My husband's an attractive guy, so people look at him, he doesn't respond back to them, he doesn't even notice about 90% of the time that he's being hit on, so as long as they don't get innapropriate and make him feel uncomfortable, which has happened, I don't really care, they can look where they want. They don't know that I'm his wife if we are walking in public or something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN