Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

You shot an opossum with what!?

Posted by   + Show Post
My husband just came in to tell me he went out to take the trash to the curb and there was an opossum on the front porch squared off with the cat, so instead of trying to scare it off and shooing the cat inside what does he do?
He runs to the garage and gets his bow and arrows from when he was a kid (it's like a cheep compound bow and crooked arrows he used to shoot into hay in his back yard) and shoots the thing from like 3 feet away! And now it's dead in my trashcan yay!
I'm glad he kept my cat from getting hurt and everything but geeze could you get anymore redneck. We live in fricken southern ca!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Replies (31-37):
kansasmom1978
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 6:41 PM

How? It does not hurt them. They run off and come back for more. We have never injured one.

Quoting LucyHarper:

What the heck? I live in a hunting town and thats just plane messed up. 

Quoting kansasmom1978:

we shoot squirrels with air soft guns

LucyHarper
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Are you joking? Have you been shot by an air soft gun? Now imagine being a hundredth of your size and being hit by one, yes, it is hurting them.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

How? It does not hurt them. They run off and come back for more. We have never injured one.

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

nocalmegan
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM
We thought that too so we didn't put out our very full can and the trash guy came today!! Lol.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Oh trash doesn't come till tomorrow yay! Hopefully it won't smell too bad

Quoting nocalmegan:

Yup our pitties kill them all the time and leave them on the door step for us. So gross. I make dh go out there and bag it up and throw it on the curb. Then they take their sweet ass time coming to pick it up and the whole street smells like ass :/

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Yeah animal control sucks I found a dead cat in my neighbors yard and they would not come pick it up untill I put it in a bag on the curb gross! But I couldn't leave the poor thing laying in their yard all day!

Quoting nocalmegan:

Thats funny. were in SoCal too. My neighbor just found one in her trash. It's been there for 3 days now. Shes leaving it for the trash guy to dump it. Animal control told he they won't get it unless it's bagged on the curb.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nocalmegan
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Yeah that shit hurts. I've had big bruises and broken skin from those and I'm a person. Can't imagine being a tiny squirrel. If you're going to shoot it at least kill it :( or just don't shoot it!

Quoting LucyHarper:

Are you joking? Have you been shot by an air soft gun? Now imagine being a hundredth of your size and being hit by one, yes, it is hurting them.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WVMamaMia2Three
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:22 PM
When I lived at the beach we had a stray cat we fed on our porch, well late at night I walked out trying to pet it saying here kitty kitty. All it did was hiss at me. I walked inside telling my hubby (then bf) that she was just hissing at me. He walked outside and cut on the porch light. It wasnt the kitty. It was an opossum. Stupid me :( its still a joke and it was 10 yrs ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:18 PM

No it's not. Shooting it at them from over a hundred feet does not cause pain. My stepson shot me from the same distance and it did not even sting. One squirrel has even quit running. He will just look at us. No squeaks or cries of pain. If it hurt we would not do it. Better than the people down the street that just use a .22. 

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

kansasmom1978
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Shot at close range sure it hurts like hell. But hundred feet doesnt.

Quoting nocalmegan:

Yeah that shit hurts. I've had big bruises and broken skin from those and I'm a person. Can't imagine being a tiny squirrel. If you're going to shoot it at least kill it :( or just don't shoot it!

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)