Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Pot should be legal everywhere and alcohol outlawed

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:20 PM
  • 190 Replies
3 moms liked this

Before we start, I know the alcohol thing will never happen so none of that.

Pot is not physically addicting

You can't OD on pot

There are valid medical uses

The amount of prescription drugs people would stop having to use is insane

Have you ever seen a violent pothead (talking thc, not laced or with anything else)

I think it should have the same restrictions as alcohol though such as...

Can't drive while using

Age limit unless prescribed by a doctor

Those are just my thoughts, I'm sure I will be bashed because you could post the sky is blue on here and be bashed...

Edit- Also I do not smoke it myself but I see great uses and no harm conpaired to alcohol

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Good points!
;-)

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree hopefully other states will follow Colo. and Washington and make it legal .

ERMAGERRD
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:29 PM
You can accurately measure the alcohol someone has consumed with a breathalyzer. You cant do that with pot. For that reason I think it should remain illegal. There is no accurate way to test if someone is high while driving.
Young_Mommy89
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I seriously just posted something similar on fb the other night. I've never smoked pot in my life but been around plenty of pot users, they're very mellow. I would rather be around a "stoner" than an alcoholic ANY DAY. Legalize pot, outlaw alcohol lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kayandjsmom
by Alecia on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM
4 moms liked this

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM
I agree. It should be legal.
Young_Mommy89
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Lmao...measure the amount of pot? If they take a hit, they're high. Most ppl can only get so high before it has no effect anymore

Quoting ERMAGERRD:

You can accurately measure the alcohol someone has consumed with a breathalyzer. You cant do that with pot. For that reason I think it should remain illegal. There is no accurate way to test if someone is high while driving.
kzuehlk
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:32 PM
3 moms liked this
My SO and I are both legal card holders. He broke his back and uses it occasionally for pain management. It has actually allowed him to be a father again. I used it early on in my pregnancy for the morning sickness. I was losing weight and my hair was falling out in handfulls due to malnutrition. Nothing my doctor gave me worked.

He's a caregiver now and grows meds for his patients. He's disabled and this has been a low stress job that is easy on his body. It keeps him busy and away from the depression that hit after his accident
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nerdymom28
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:33 PM
5 moms liked this

I am nerdymom28 and I approve this message. lol

ERMAGERRD
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Are you high right now? There should be a legal limit. Just like alcohol. You cant measure how high someone is with a breath test.

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Lmao...measure the amount of pot? If they take a hit, they're high. Most ppl can only get so high before it has no effect anymore

Quoting ERMAGERRD:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)