Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Pot should be legal everywhere and alcohol outlawed

Posted by   + Show Post

Before we start, I know the alcohol thing will never happen so none of that.

Pot is not physically addicting

You can't OD on pot

There are valid medical uses

The amount of prescription drugs people would stop having to use is insane

Have you ever seen a violent pothead (talking thc, not laced or with anything else)

I think it should have the same restrictions as alcohol though such as...

Can't drive while using

Age limit unless prescribed by a doctor

Those are just my thoughts, I'm sure I will be bashed because you could post the sky is blue on here and be bashed...

Edit- Also I do not smoke it myself but I see great uses and no harm conpaired to alcohol

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
berlgirl1224
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Disagree
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cherish77
by Cherish on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Sorry I hate pot, imo it stinks worse than cigarette smoke, they already tried the alcohol and that didn't work sooo,

I'm not trying to sound like a b@itch, its just how I feel about pot, I can't be within 20 feet of it without wanting to barf.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofsunshine77
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I hate pot.  It stinks.  I dont want to smell it - like cigarette smoke - it makes me literally sick to my stomach and I want t throw up from the smell.  It does not make you crazy but it makes you LAZY!!!   LOL I dont think it should be legal anywhere.  I may leave my state because they just legalized it here.  I really thought I would never leave my state because I love it here!!!!  

I dont want my kids around it more because it is legal.  I dont care what age restriction you puton it, thereis always someone there to buy it for you when you are underage - look at alcohol. 

Young_Mommy89
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe if you would read you would know I've never been high in my life.

And maybe you need reading comprehension. There should be a leagal limit on what you can have on you & buy. If you buy a nickel then you're not gonna be blitz outta your mind.

You said "there's no way to test if someone is high while driving".

I'm saying if they hit it, they're high, maybe not super high, but they're feeling it. Maybe you've never been around a pothead, but they are super careful drivers bcuz they're all paranoid & they think they're going faster than they are. Most of them are too relaxed to wanna drive

Quoting ERMAGERRD:

Are you high right now? There should be a legal limit. Just like alcohol. You cant measure how high someone is with a breath test.

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Lmao...measure the amount of pot? If they take a hit, they're high. Most ppl can only get so high before it has no effect anymore

Quoting ERMAGERRD:

You can accurately measure the alcohol someone has consumed with a breathalyzer. You cant do that with pot. For that reason I think it should remain illegal. There is no accurate way to test if someone is high while driving.

Young_Mommy89
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Now, while I think it SHOULD be legal, I have to agree the smell is nasty...I HATE IT

Quoting Cherish77:

Sorry I hate pot, imo it stinks worse than cigarette smoke, they already tried the alcohol and that didn't work sooo,

I'm not trying to sound like a b@itch, its just how I feel about pot, I can't be within 20 feet of it without wanting to barf.
ERMAGERRD
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Just curious.... did you graduate middle school?

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

And maybe you need reading comprehension. There should be a leagal limit on what you can have on you & buy. If you buy a nickel then you're not gonna be blitz outta your mind.

I'm saying if they hit it, they're high, maybe not super high, but they're feeling it. Maybe you've never been around a pothead, but they are super careful drivers bcuz they're all paranoid & they think they're going faster than they are. Most of them are too relaxed to wanna drive

Quoting ERMAGERRD:

Are you high right now? There should be a legal limit. Just like alcohol. You cant measure how high someone is with a breath test.

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Lmao...measure the amount of pot? If they take a hit, they're high. Most ppl can only get so high before it has no effect anymore

Quoting ERMAGERRD:

You can accurately measure the alcohol someone has consumed with a breathalyzer. You cant do that with pot. For that reason I think it should remain illegal. There is no accurate way to test if someone is high while driving.

Young_Mommy89
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Apparently you weren't able to...

Quoting ERMAGERRD:

Just curious.... did you graduate middle school?

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Quoting ERMAGERRD:

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Quoting ERMAGERRD:

The_Doodle
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I think pot should be legal but in all reality there does need to be a way to test someone right then and there and tell if they're high. Maybe some kind of test on saliva...I dunno. I would hate to have a situation where I smoke a bowl and the next day get arrested for DUI because THC is still in my system but I'm not stoned.

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:44 PM

All I gotta say is if pot is as great as described in the first part of your post, then why the restrictions on it in the second part?

Young_Mommy89
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Bcuz children shouldn't be able to walk in a store & buy it, you're still "under the influence" but unlike alcohol you cannot OD & do not become violent or aggresive

Quoting momdoes:

All I gotta say is if pot is as great as described in the first part of your post, then why the restrictions on it in the second part?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN