Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How much money a month do you spend of snack foods

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM
  • 23 Replies
I spend about $200 a month. About $75-100 of that is healthy things like fruits, fruit cups, yogurts, nuts etc. The rest is pop, chips, cookies etc. I want to cut back but I am addicted to snacking lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hazel.Eyed.mOm
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Not much,I get a hundred a week for groceries,most of that goes to fresh fruits and veggies,sometimes I treat my kids to "junk food"but since I purged the house of it a few months ago they haven't been asking for junk food much.,we did however get a big box of Fruit By The Foot from Costco to put in their Lunches..I bought them Oreo Cookies last weekend for a treat..I buy my DS & DD Cool Ranch Doritos to snack on when they are on sale,my DS is addicted to Goldfish Crackers,my DD is more of a healthy eater..I am not allowed to have drinks with sugar in them so I admit I do buy 3 bottles of Diet Dr Pepper during my shopping trips because that is my favorite type of diet soda,other than that I drink water and my kids drink milk and water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildlilacs
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Too much, but SO just HAVE to have his sweets snacks, his chips, his soda.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Idk. I buy a few snack but not a lot. Usually snack foods are crackers or jello and they are for lunches. Peanut butter and apples are a fave around here.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I honestly don't know but I spend anywhere from 250-300 a week on groceries, and we do a lot of snacking. Of course, my idea of snacking  might be different than some.

gacgbaker
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:08 AM

I want to say maybe around $100- we have 5 kids, but I make all of the snacks.  Granola bars, gram crackers are all homemade.  I pay for fruits and yogurts too, but I'm looking into how to make yogurt.  If we had a garden we could be all set, but unfortunately we can't grow anything on the property we rent :(

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

AM-BRAT
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:11 AM
For our every need for every week, invluding all meals and snacks, toiletries and pet food- I spend $150 a week.

I doube I could guess how much is snacks, esp since we eat SO often lol. It's mostly all snacks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:14 AM
Maybe $75 at the very max. I buy like one box of granola bars, one package of pretzels, and one other thing (animal cookies, crackers), and then we mostly just snack on fruits like grapes, apples, carrots, celery, raw green beans, etc.
epoh
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:15 AM
I have a yogurt machine my friend bought me off of amazon for a house warming gift. It's easy and great to use! It makes 5 small cups, each a serving size. Total time to make is about 9 hours or so.

Quoting gacgbaker:

I want to say maybe around $100- we have 5 kids, but I make all of the snacks.  Granola bars, gram crackers are all homemade.  I pay for fruits and yogurts too, but I'm looking into how to make yogurt.  If we had a garden we could be all set, but unfortunately we can't grow anything on the property we rent :(

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

bakerytreatz16
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:16 AM
$25-$50
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughingTattoo
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:16 AM

ALOT- maybe 150. That includes things like carrots and bananas and hummus. BUT bc of my pregnancy, a lot more popcorn, chips, and cookies are in stock than I normally like

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)