Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you regret having kids?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:05 AM
  • 161 Replies

Does anyone actually regret having kids? I'm sure there are some people who do, so feel free to go anon if you are afraid of being judged. 

If you regret having kids, tell me why? Or...do you regret the number of kids you have and why?

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
divinedimension
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:06 AM
3 moms liked this

I regret the NUMBER of kids...sometimes. Like in the middle of the night when they all have rotovirus, sheets are pooped on, babies crying everywhere type of thing. However, if I had not continued trying for lil Emi for so long, I'd never had the chance to have a baby girl. It took four kids! I try to think I should not have had so many boys but I could never imagine my life without each of them in it. This is a hard question.

mrsary
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:09 AM
I regret having 3. I miss it being just me & my daughter. We had more money, less stress, and actual time to spend 2gether. I wish the last 2 could live w their dad but he's mentally ill & attempting to fight me for custody although he hasn't seen them in 3 yrs. They have no idea who he is!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:14 AM
No. I adore them both. My 5 year old can be difficult at times, but I love my life as mom!
StoneColdKiller
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:30 AM
Honestly no but I knew I had a choice (no issues with abortion) and even though its hard I wouldn't change him for anything in the world.
TableforSeven
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:34 AM

Nope - no regrets here.  I can't imagine life without each and every one of my 5 kids.  Growing up I knew I would be a mother -- before marriage, DH and I discussed how many children we wanted.  Everything has worked out exactly as I had always hoped.

WendyJR
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:23 AM
Nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelgrl5200
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:27 AM
no regrets. maybe if I could go back I would change the order in which they were born, and maybe the time frame. space them all out by 2 years. but I don't regret anyone of my kids. but I can say if I would have had the twins first, it probably would have been my last lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegansmom
by Cyndi on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:28 AM
1 mom liked this
No I have one & our family is very happy & complete.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:30 AM
Nope, both kiddos were very planned and desired.
January1964
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:34 AM

No, we have one, which is good for us!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN