Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does anyone actually regret having kids? I'm sure there are some people who do, so feel free to go anon if you are afraid of being judged. 

If you regret having kids, tell me why? Or...do you regret the number of kids you have and why?

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:05 AM
Replies (131-140):
Basherte
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:52 AM

I don't regret a single child. 

I can see how one could. But I live my life without regret. 

lisa1125108
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:59 AM

I  don't  like  kids ,so  I  don't   want  to  have  a  baby.

forsakenjewl24
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:26 AM

nope. i wouldn't regret having my son. maybe the time i had him and whit who i had him. but that fact i had my DS oh god no. he is the best things since sliced bread! lol

lageise
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Sometimes.  My parents split when I was only one.  My mother moved from upstate NY where we live to Florida about an hour from Disney.  She stayed there until I was 40. She didn't raise her own kids and she is worse with her grand kids.  I've always said I didn't want kids, because I didn't have a good role model. My mother is a terrible mother, my sister had a son at 19 and she is a terrible mother too. Her son is in prison.   I have always been worried that I would be a terrible mother too and I truly think I am at times.  Sometimes I think if I knew 10 years ago what I know now, I don't think I would have had kids.  I love my kids, and truly try to be a good mother, but sometimes I do wish we were just a couple. Then my beautiful 5 year old tells me "I love you too mom and I'm soooo glad I have them.

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM

No, they have made me a better person and are joys in my life. Not a day goes by where they don't make me laugh

kayleesmom42328
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Nope! We have 2 beautiful girls & 1 in heaven. We are planning to have more. Our children are a blessing!!!

waffa
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM

had my 1st at 20 (single Mom active duty in the USAF overseas in Germany)

2nd was a surprise at age 33 (married this time)

love them both, wouldn't give them back, but have 2 more kids than I ever wanted.

MochaBerry24
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Why are u on Cafemom then?

Quoting lisa1125108:

I  don't  like  kids ,so  I  don't   want  to  have  a  baby.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
laughingsqua125
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:34 PM

im glad ive got them they r grown now

Teacher101
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I do not regret having my children, but I wish I had been older when I made the choice to become a parent. I earned 3 degrees with kids at home, and it wasn't easy. I also had to start my career as a mom, and because I am a teacher it is a constant balancing act. For example, I have to balance after school play rehearsals with getting the kids home and fed etc. 

Then again, having my kids young, I suppose was good in some ways. For one, I don't have to worry about maternity leave now or raising a newborn while working...

Pros and Cons I suppose

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN