Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does anyone actually regret having kids? I'm sure there are some people who do, so feel free to go anon if you are afraid of being judged. 

If you regret having kids, tell me why? Or...do you regret the number of kids you have and why?

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:05 AM
Replies (151-160):
jazzieel
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:21 AM

No regrets here. I love and adore all 5 of our children. 19 yr. old dd, 17 yr. old ds, soon to be 15 yr. old dd, soon to be 9 yr. old ds, 4 mths old dd.

MochaBerry24
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:21 PM

congrats!!!!!

Quoting black.eyeliner:

I do not regret any of my children. We are actually looking to adopt again. I am very excited. 

mamalusbear
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

No way, can't imagine my life without them.

LaceNBklyn
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Never
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
If it wasnt for my kids id be dead there my reason to live:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladymadrox
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:29 PM

See, this is a tough question. I love my daughter dearly, I guess i just regret having her so young in life. I was 18. I think if would have waited things would have been a lot easier for everyone ( ie. money wise, home, etc.) 

Brittanyo
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Nope she is the love of my life wouldn't change it for nothing she made life worth living showed me what love really feels like :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ashley_Carlson
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope. My daughter saved me from myself.

gotnothinonme
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:38 PM

I think I feared having this many (four) at the three and four marks I thought "omg, I can't do this" even though they're really far apart- 19, 14, 7 and 3- I just didn't think I could be the mom I wanted to be to ALL of them- but now that they are here I can't imagine life without them- they have all made me a better person, they have all made me thankful for them as the blessings they are- there are still days when I think "omg, I just can't do this" but each day I manage to convey my love and care to them, to keep the world spinning on its axis, to get to the next day - so those moments are fleeting. So I would not say I regret them, I'd say I never knew I wanted them until I had them- when people ask if the kids were accidents I say no, they were surprises, an accident is something unexpected that you don't want to happen, a surprise is a gift you didn't even know you wanted until you got it. I have bad days, bad mommy moments, days where I long for peace and quiet and a moment to myself, but I try to always remember, though I'm not particularly religious, how incredibly much God must cherish and love me to have given me these wonderful beautiful little people who love me and who I have the privilege of loving.

*sorry so mushy I'm going through some emotional stuff today, apparently it's made me sentimental, lol.

gotnothinonme
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Nope. My daughter saved me from myself.

I feel the same way about my first:) Know just what you mean~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN