Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does anyone actually regret having kids? I'm sure there are some people who do, so feel free to go anon if you are afraid of being judged. 

If you regret having kids, tell me why? Or...do you regret the number of kids you have and why?

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:05 AM
Replies (21-30):
veganistic
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:39 AM
I have an 8yo and one on the way. I don't regret her - ever - but I'll admit I lament my simple, easy, hassle-free life when the going gets tough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShesALady
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
No. They stress me out for sure, but I don't regret having them. A big family is important to me. I only have two now and one on the way, but I think I'll go to four. When they are being extra bad I just remind myself they won't be little forever. Then I'll get to enjoy grand babies!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I regret I don't have more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
veganistic
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:42 AM
And by all accounts grand babies are so much better than bio children! My mom is in heaven with my dd, but we, her dear children, have stressed her to no end :)

Quoting ShesALady:

No. They stress me out for sure, but I don't regret having them. A big family is important to me. I only have two now and one on the way, but I think I'll go to four. When they are being extra bad I just remind myself they won't be little forever. Then I'll get to enjoy grand babies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShesALady
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Lol exactly

Quoting veganistic:

And by all accounts grand babies are so much better than bio children! My mom is in heaven with my dd, but we, her dear children, have stressed her to no end :)

Quoting ShesALady:

KeepOnWalking
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
We have 4 children, three daughters, one son (our last child). The only thing we regret is not taking a nap when we could have! We moss sleeping, LOL! Our kids are the keys to our hearts! We're not sure we're done yet...We'll leave that to GOD!
afwifeandmommy3
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:47 AM
I regret the age I was but I love my boys .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rowansmum
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I regret not living enough before having my kids so that I wouldn't be thinking so often about what I want to do vs what I can do while being a good mom.  I basically moved out of my parents house in with my then bf and 6 months later I was pg.  I didn't get a chance to be independant or really live my own life for myself.  Now I'm living for them and that isn't going to change.  

I suppose that if I had waited I would have done ahead and gotten fixed and they would never have been here lol.  I was just waiting out the time period the dr gave me before doing the proceedure

otoole
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:59 AM

i miss my single life and being able to go do things whenever i need to or want but i don't regret them ever i love them so much, even when they drive me crazy and i got little sleep.,

HousewifeNina
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:59 AM
I wish I could have had more than my 3 boys. Of course my answer might change at 3am...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)