Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does anyone actually regret having kids? I'm sure there are some people who do, so feel free to go anon if you are afraid of being judged. 

If you regret having kids, tell me why? Or...do you regret the number of kids you have and why?

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:05 AM
Replies (31-40):
CjEmmemommy
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I wish we had waited longer to start. We married young and started a family only a couple years later. I think now it would have been nice to have more time for us to be us. Then again I think of starting a career and  living downtown and what a change a baby would have been. We were able to easily move to the next phase and now when they are grown we will have plenty of time and money to do all the travel:) 

We both agreed a mother at home was our goal so that was easy for us before I was really working. I think sometimes we get burnt out being in the middle of full on life:) 3 small kids but it doesn't last long and I try to focus on making it count bc I know we will miss this craziness.

Lulu2216
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
No regrets. We have 2 and 1 on the way. Wouldn't Change any of it for anything. They make my heart happy and full.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dixiegurl223626
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a 7 year old son. I wish I had another close to his age instead of waiting for there to be a huge gap in the ages. I had my son at 19, stayed home with him until he was 2, and then started nursing school. Now I'm a RN and my husband is in school. He wants to finish before we have another so I can stay home with the baby. I have baby fever now. I plan to have 2 more kids in the future.

MochaBerry24
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:07 AM

how close were ur kids?

Quoting LaLa_Ivory:

Just regret having 2 & 3 close together.
Should've given my body a breather lol

sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:09 AM

No. He might drive me batty sometimes and he might make me pull my hair out, but he's the only thing in my life that makes perfect sense. I don't want a life without my mister in it.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

MochaBerry24
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:11 AM

what does accidentally on purpose mean?

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

No I love being a mom. I actually mean that. My oldest DD was accidentally on purpose and then it took a year to conceive my youngest.

We are on year two of trying to conceive a third child. 

got2monsters
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Kind of. I love them, but I wish idve waited longer to have them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
koolest_mom_of4
by The Illegal one on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:16 AM
Nope ..... Even when they are being unappreciative smart asses :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
P.N._Guin
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:23 AM
Not at all! I do regret having kids the see year I got married, and that dh joined the military
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oceana09
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:33 AM

I regret a lot of things that lead up to me having DD. I regret that I didn't finish school, I regret that I moved out of my grandparents house to chase after a guy. I regret marrying the man I did. But I do not regret my daughter. As for my son, again, I don't regret him (i'm currently pregnant with him actually) but I do regret how he came to be. I regret that I believed in a fairy tale that I should have known never existed. And I regret that one day I'm going to have to explain to my children why they have 3 seperate dads (this is given that I get pregnant again once I get married). I regret that if something ever happens to me, at least one of them will not go to my fiance. One of them will be seperated from her siblings. I regret a lot of things pertaining to my children...but regretting having them? No. Honestly both pregnancies were blessings in disguise. Both pregnancies have happened in hours in which I needed a miracle. My children ARE my miracles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN