Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does anyone actually regret having kids? I'm sure there are some people who do, so feel free to go anon if you are afraid of being judged. 

If you regret having kids, tell me why? Or...do you regret the number of kids you have and why?

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:05 AM
Replies (41-50):
mamanikki06
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:34 AM
i regret who i had my dd with and how young i was. I dont regret my daughter. Just wish i would have waited a little longer. But im blessed to have her and love her with everything in me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:24 AM
1 mom liked this
This exactly. Right down to the 5 kids. :)

Quoting TableforSeven:

Nope - no regrets here.  I can't imagine life without each and every one of my 5 kids.  Growing up I knew I would be a mother -- before marriage, DH and I discussed how many children we wanted.  Everything has worked out exactly as I had always hoped.

LaLa_Ivory
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:17 AM
Well, we have a 5yr old, a 9mo old and I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant. So they'll be 16 months apart.

Quoting MochaBerry24:

how close were ur kids?

Quoting LaLa_Ivory:

Just regret having 2 & 3 close together.
Should've given my body a breather lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:12 AM
Overall, no. However somedays I think "what was I thinking?!" But they're few and far between.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:15 AM

no.

jhslove
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:16 AM

No, but my husband and I waited until we knew we were financially and emotionally ready for parenthood to have our daughter and we were very careful not to get pregnant before that time. We do want to have one (possibly two) more, but we are waiting to get pregnant again until we know we can afford more than one child, which at this particular time we can't. I mean, if I got pregnant again right now we'd figure out a way to make it work, but it would be difficult so we're taking every precaution.

If I had had kids when I wasn't emotionally ready/financially stable/in a stable marriage, I would probably regret it. Which is why I didn't.

momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:17 AM
No. She's the best thing to happen to me.
alwayskk
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:44 AM

You can't go anon in this group. LOL

I do not regret having my children. I would discourage anyone from having kids in the way that I did, though. 

Who you have children with should be the most important decision of your life and I didn't treat that decision with the gravity it deserved.

Ktina11
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Maybe that is why I feel the way I do. Ods and mds are 11 months apart and MDS and YDS are 20 months apart. Life is very tough with three boys so close together. I feel like I am always one step away from losing it completely.

Quoting LaLa_Ivory:

Well, we have a 5yr old, a 9mo old and I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant. So they'll be 16 months apart.

Quoting MochaBerry24:

how close were ur kids?

Quoting LaLa_Ivory:

Just regret having 2 & 3 close together.
Should've given my body a breather lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ktina11
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:48 AM
I agree with you!!

Quoting alwayskk:

You can't go anon in this group. LOL

I do not regret having my children. I would discourage anyone from having kids in the way that I did, though. 

Who you have children with should be the most important decision of your life and I didn't treat that decision with the gravity it deserved.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN