Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

so i went to the dr for my headaches and she thinks they are sinus related and i probably have a sinus infection, I also have a UTI. (yeah me) so she prescribes amoxicillin. so i did some research and geez is no antibiotic safe, every single one has lists miles long of possible adverse reactions. 

although i have never known anyone irl allergic to amox, (plus my sister takes it for her uti's and she likes it). its still worrisome everytime we have to take this kind of stuff. 

no replies needed, especiaslly if you've almost died taking it or something, lol just a small vent

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Replies (21-30):
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Sinus infections and uti's are hardly no reason
I once had a sinus infection so bad the doc said if the antibiotics didn't work they would have to do surgery to clean the infection out.

Quoting D.O.E.:

UTI = drink lots of cranberry juice and water.

sinus clogged up, make tea from grated ginger, fresh lemon , honey and some minced garlic.

why anyone takes antibiotics for no reason is beyond me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by Katie on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh good God.Everything has possible problems. Tylenol even does. Don't drink coffee it will kill you. Wheat makes you fat. 

In medical trials if it happened ONCE they have to list it as a possiblity. 

kansasmom1978
by Katie on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:42 PM

there is not a natural cure to UTI. I get them all the time and if there was a natural cure I would use it. IF you ignore a UTI it will turn into a kidney infection which can kill you.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

I once had a sinus infection so bad the doc said if the antibiotics didn't work they would have to do surgery to clean the infection out.

Quoting D.O.E.:

sinus clogged up, make tea from grated ginger, fresh lemon , honey and some minced garlic.

D.O.E.
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:04 PM

oh. well i have never had a bladder infection, but i have had SARS and didn't go to the hospital to be treated, all i did was ginger,lemon, honey, garlic tea, and it got better. the only drug i took was the tylenol 4's my friend had. this was back in the day. i was in and out for about a week, would wake up could barely breath, my friend would give me the tea, no matter how many times i blew my nose there was more mucus. it was terrible, but i got over it naturally, and now have the antibodies to fight it, naturally. i honestly stay as far away from anitbiotics that i can and only get them if we are REALLY sick. and it is not because of cost either, as meds are cheaper here.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

there is not a natural cure to UTI. I get them all the time and if there was a natural cure I would use it. IF you ignore a UTI it will turn into a kidney infection which can kill you.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting D.O.E.:

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:07 PM
This is wonderful advice ignore infections and hope your body fights it off!
By the way SARS is a virus antibiotics do nothing for a virus antibiotics are for fighting off bacterial infections.
Quoting D.O.E.:

oh. well i have never had a bladder infection, but i have had SARS and didn't go to the hospital to be treated, all i did was ginger,lemon, honey, garlic tea, and it got better. the only drug i took was the tylenol 4's my friend had. this was back in the day. i was in and out for about a week, would wake up could barely breath, my friend would give me the tea, no matter how many times i blew my nose there was more mucus. it was terrible, but i got over it naturally, and now have the antibodies to fight it, naturally. i honestly stay as far away from anitbiotics that i can and only get them if we are REALLY sick. and it is not because of cost either, as meds are cheaper here.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting D.O.E.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:08 PM
No they aren't safe. Try something natural.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Quoting angie944:

Just remember (if you are on birth control) anti biotics makes it not work, so if you are not trying, be careful... =)  I just had a few friends get pregnant that way, not knowing it did that.  

my tubes are tied. 

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:37 PM

i understand that but thanks. 

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Oh good God.Everything has possible problems. Tylenol even does. Don't drink coffee it will kill you. Wheat makes you fat. 

In medical trials if it happened ONCE they have to list it as a possiblity. 

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Quoting yayay15:

nothing natural worked. 

yayay15
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Eh well. Lots of people take antibiotics and survive. I am sure you will too.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Quoting yayay15:

nothing natural worked. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)