Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

so i went to the dr for my headaches and she thinks they are sinus related and i probably have a sinus infection, I also have a UTI. (yeah me) so she prescribes amoxicillin. so i did some research and geez is no antibiotic safe, every single one has lists miles long of possible adverse reactions. 

although i have never known anyone irl allergic to amox, (plus my sister takes it for her uti's and she likes it). its still worrisome everytime we have to take this kind of stuff. 

no replies needed, especiaslly if you've almost died taking it or something, lol just a small vent

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Replies (31-40):
blue_elephant
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:16 PM
My dd and ds are allergic to amoxicillin...

Just sayin
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:17 PM
A kid At the school my sister teaches at died from a sinus infection.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

This is wonderful advice ignore infections and hope your body fights it off!

By the way SARS is a virus antibiotics do nothing for a virus antibiotics are for fighting off bacterial infections.
Quoting D.O.E.:

oh. well i have never had a bladder infection, but i have had SARS and didn't go to the hospital to be treated, all i did was ginger,lemon, honey, garlic tea, and it got better. the only drug i took was the tylenol 4's my friend had. this was back in the day. i was in and out for about a week, would wake up could barely breath, my friend would give me the tea, no matter how many times i blew my nose there was more mucus. it was terrible, but i got over it naturally, and now have the antibodies to fight it, naturally. i honestly stay as far away from anitbiotics that i can and only get them if we are REALLY sick. and it is not because of cost either, as meds are cheaper here.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

there is not a natural cure to UTI. I get them all the time and if there was a natural cure I would use it. IF you ignore a UTI it will turn into a kidney infection which can kill you.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Sinus infections and uti's are hardly no reason

I once had a sinus infection so bad the doc said if the antibiotics didn't work they would have to do surgery to clean the infection out.

Quoting D.O.E.:

UTI = drink lots of cranberry juice and water.

sinus clogged up, make tea from grated ginger, fresh lemon , honey and some minced garlic.

why anyone takes antibiotics for no reason is beyond me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redhead-bedhead
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

A neti pot and an eucalyptus steam bath are great for sinus infections.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Yeah they can get pretty bad if not treated and do you really want to mess with an infection that close to your brain?

Quoting yayay15:

A kid At the school my sister teaches at died from a sinus infection.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

This is wonderful advice ignore infections and hope your body fights it off!

By the way SARS is a virus antibiotics do nothing for a virus antibiotics are for fighting off bacterial infections.
Quoting D.O.E.:

oh. well i have never had a bladder infection, but i have had SARS and didn't go to the hospital to be treated, all i did was ginger,lemon, honey, garlic tea, and it got better. the only drug i took was the tylenol 4's my friend had. this was back in the day. i was in and out for about a week, would wake up could barely breath, my friend would give me the tea, no matter how many times i blew my nose there was more mucus. it was terrible, but i got over it naturally, and now have the antibodies to fight it, naturally. i honestly stay as far away from anitbiotics that i can and only get them if we are REALLY sick. and it is not because of cost either, as meds are cheaper here.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

there is not a natural cure to UTI. I get them all the time and if there was a natural cure I would use it. IF you ignore a UTI it will turn into a kidney infection which can kill you.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Sinus infections and uti's are hardly no reason

I once had a sinus infection so bad the doc said if the antibiotics didn't work they would have to do surgery to clean the infection out.

Quoting D.O.E.:

sinus clogged up, make tea from grated ginger, fresh lemon , honey and some minced garlic.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MAXnBRYCESMomma
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:36 PM

There are lots of ways to get rid of a sinus infection and a uti naturally.

~Annie~

marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:36 PM
My mom is allergic to any med ending in cillon. She also has a bad reaction to morphine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazylovingfam
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Antibiotic sorry it is the medical abbreviation. I am a nurse and am used to charting it that way :)

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

Atb are one of the medications most known for adverse reactions but any drug has an entire list of them. Heck if aspirin wasn't already on the market it would of never been released by the FDA because of side effects.

what is atb?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taz1993
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Im allergic to the cillin family. My parents found out when i was little.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IcU2
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM
I am allergic to most antibiotics so rarely take any. I am lucky I rarely get sick so don't need them. But any infection is do get I have to fight off naturally. I work on making sure my immune system is strong and healthy and at the first sign of getting sick I increase my vit c and vit d intake to boost my immune system before it even becomes an infection.

For the life of me I can't figure out why some people have so many infections that need antibiotics all the time. I understand that kids get ear infections etc but it seems some people are constantly on antibiotics and their kids are constantly on antibiotics
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovebugs_mom906
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Neti pot! I had a sinus infection, and got rid of it by using that twice a day. It took about 1-2 weeks fr it to go away, but it did. I rarely get sick, and I chalk it up to letting my body heal itself as much as possible.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Quoting D.O.E.:

because just drinking water obviously didn't get rid of it, and its a sinus infectiojn not just a stuffy nose. thanks tho.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)