Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

so i went to the dr for my headaches and she thinks they are sinus related and i probably have a sinus infection, I also have a UTI. (yeah me) so she prescribes amoxicillin. so i did some research and geez is no antibiotic safe, every single one has lists miles long of possible adverse reactions. 

although i have never known anyone irl allergic to amox, (plus my sister takes it for her uti's and she likes it). its still worrisome everytime we have to take this kind of stuff. 

no replies needed, especiaslly if you've almost died taking it or something, lol just a small vent

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Replies (41-50):
yayay15
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:54 PM
No. Plus I don't want to feel like shit. Lol.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Yeah they can get pretty bad if not treated and do you really want to mess with an infection that close to your brain?

Quoting yayay15:

A kid At the school my sister teaches at died from a sinus infection.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

This is wonderful advice ignore infections and hope your body fights it off!

By the way SARS is a virus antibiotics do nothing for a virus antibiotics are for fighting off bacterial infections.
Quoting D.O.E.:

oh. well i have never had a bladder infection, but i have had SARS and didn't go to the hospital to be treated, all i did was ginger,lemon, honey, garlic tea, and it got better. the only drug i took was the tylenol 4's my friend had. this was back in the day. i was in and out for about a week, would wake up could barely breath, my friend would give me the tea, no matter how many times i blew my nose there was more mucus. it was terrible, but i got over it naturally, and now have the antibodies to fight it, naturally. i honestly stay as far away from anitbiotics that i can and only get them if we are REALLY sick. and it is not because of cost either, as meds are cheaper here.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

there is not a natural cure to UTI. I get them all the time and if there was a natural cure I would use it. IF you ignore a UTI it will turn into a kidney infection which can kill you.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Sinus infections and uti's are hardly no reason

I once had a sinus infection so bad the doc said if the antibiotics didn't work they would have to do surgery to clean the infection out.

Quoting D.O.E.:

UTI = drink lots of cranberry juice and water.

sinus clogged up, make tea from grated ginger, fresh lemon , honey and some minced garlic.

why anyone takes antibiotics for no reason is beyond me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadenn766
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:56 PM

im allergic to it...along with a few others...

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Quoting blue_elephant:

My dd and ds are allergic to amoxicillin...

Just sayin

ok all 3 of my kids aren't, neither is my sister or her kids. i realize some people are allergic and some aren't.

crystalplus1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Any home remedies for an ear infection and strep throat?

Quoting D.O.E.:

sinus clogged up, make tea from grated ginger, fresh lemon , honey and some minced garlic.

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:11 AM

i found a webiste for a bunch of home remedies i'll try to find it for you.

Quoting crystalplus1:

Any home remedies for an ear infection and strep throat?

Quoting D.O.E.:

samurai_chica
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I never take antibviotics or give them to my child. I have always cured infections naturally....

Of course, if something was life threatening & nothing would work, i would use the antibiotics. Just have not had to yet (thank god)

Almost everything can be cured without the use of antibiotics.

Antibiotics are HORRIBLE for you. Not only do they come with a host of side effects, but they severely lower your immunity in a number of ways. The more you take antibiotics, the shittier your immune system gets.

It kills all the good bacteria in your body as well....many women get yeast infections because of this after taking antibiotics.

Quatrekins
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Amoxx is the one that is least likely to cause side effects or an allergic reaction. And that shit is delicious. I have had it a LOT of times in my lifetime, as have both of my sisters. Never had a single side-effect.

Quatrekins
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:29 AM

A very easy fix to this is to eat yogurt with live active bacterial cultures, once or twice a day for the entirety of your treatment. In my experience, every time I did this, I did not get an infection down below, but every time I neglected to do it, I wound up with one.

Quoting samurai_chica:

It kills all the good bacteria in your body as well....many women get yeast infections because of this after taking antibiotics.

CafeMom Tickers
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:31 AM

i tried to get rid of the uti on my own, didn;t work. and i've never had issues with yeast infections after taking  antibiotics.

Quoting samurai_chica:

I never take antibviotics or give them to my child. I have always cured infections naturally....

Of course, if something was life threatening & nothing would work, i would use the antibiotics. Just have not had to yet (thank god)

Almost everything can be cured without the use of antibiotics.

Antibiotics are HORRIBLE for you. Not only do they come with a host of side effects, but they severely lower your immunity in a number of ways. The more you take antibiotics, the shittier your immune system gets.

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Quoting Quatrekins:

Amoxx is the one that is least likely to cause side effects or an allergic reaction. And that shit is delicious. I have had it a LOT of times in my lifetime, as have both of my sisters. Never had a single side-effect.

these are big horse pills, lol. but my kids have take it before with no issues, my sister and her kids take it too with no issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)