Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

so i went to the dr for my headaches and she thinks they are sinus related and i probably have a sinus infection, I also have a UTI. (yeah me) so she prescribes amoxicillin. so i did some research and geez is no antibiotic safe, every single one has lists miles long of possible adverse reactions. 

although i have never known anyone irl allergic to amox, (plus my sister takes it for her uti's and she likes it). its still worrisome everytime we have to take this kind of stuff. 

no replies needed, especiaslly if you've almost died taking it or something, lol just a small vent

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Replies (51-60):
Quatrekins
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Some people's systems just aren't as tough as yours, I guess ;) It would probably help for them to be on a good regimine, but even still, we are all different. Consider yourself fortunate!

Quoting IcU2:

For the life of me I can't figure out why some people have so many infections that need antibiotics all the time. I understand that kids get ear infections etc but it seems some people are constantly on antibiotics and their kids are constantly on antibiotics

CafeMom Tickers
Quatrekins
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Nooooo! Being a grown-up sucks. Horse pills are lame; Pink medicine is way better. Mmm, I can taste it... <3

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Quoting Quatrekins:

Amoxx is the one that is least likely to cause side effects or an allergic reaction. And that shit is delicious. I have had it a LOT of times in my lifetime, as have both of my sisters. Never had a single side-effect.

these are big horse pills, lol. but my kids have take it before with no issues, my sister and her kids take it too with no issues.

CafeMom Tickers
KeepOnWalking
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:36 AM
I'm allergic to the cillin family!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sunnyday05
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:38 AM
A UTI needs antibiotics and can lead to kidney and other serious issues if not treated properly.

Quoting D.O.E.:

UTI = drink lots of cranberry juice and water.

sinus clogged up, make tea from grated ginger, fresh lemon , honey and some minced garlic.

why anyone takes antibiotics for no reason is beyond me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samurai_chica
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:41 AM

That doesn't work for all women. Also, you want to eat the yogurt after you're done taking it. All that live bacteria dies as soon as you take that next antibiotic.

Some women don't get yeast infections from antibiotics, some do. No point in taking yogurt while you're on it though...it might help with stomach upset, but all that bacteria from the yogurt will also die. Also, the bacteria found in yogurt does not carry all the beneficial bacteria your body needs. It takes your body a long time to get back on track from becoming so unbalances through the use of antibiotics.

Then there is also the problem where bacteria evolves. The more antibiotics are taken, the harder it will be to cure infection in the body.

I'm not anti-antibiotic, they do help. But, they are severely over prescribed & in the long run, they are making it harder for people to remain sick free. People are killing their immune systems with their over use of antibiotics.

Quoting samurai_chica:

It kills all the good bacteria in your body as well....many women get yeast infections because of this after taking antibiotics.

sunnyday05
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:43 AM
Consider yourself lucky you've never had a UTI. It is the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. Imagine burning knives stabbing your urethra while you pee and constant pain and pressure even when you aren't urinating. It's horrible.

Quoting D.O.E.:

oh. well i have never had a bladder infection, but i have had SARS and didn't go to the hospital to be treated, all i did was ginger,lemon, honey, garlic tea, and it got better. the only drug i took was the tylenol 4's my friend had. this was back in the day. i was in and out for about a week, would wake up could barely breath, my friend would give me the tea, no matter how many times i blew my nose there was more mucus. it was terrible, but i got over it naturally, and now have the antibodies to fight it, naturally. i honestly stay as far away from anitbiotics that i can and only get them if we are REALLY sick. and it is not because of cost either, as meds are cheaper here.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

there is not a natural cure to UTI. I get them all the time and if there was a natural cure I would use it. IF you ignore a UTI it will turn into a kidney infection which can kill you.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Sinus infections and uti's are hardly no reason

I once had a sinus infection so bad the doc said if the antibiotics didn't work they would have to do surgery to clean the infection out.

Quoting D.O.E.:

sinus clogged up, make tea from grated ginger, fresh lemon , honey and some minced garlic.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samurai_chica
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:46 AM

it's because the more you take antibiotics, the less likely it is that your body will kill the infection on it's own. The more you take antibiotics, the more infections you will suffer in your life. 

Again...antibiotics kill your immunity...for the long haul. Not just temporarily. The more you use them....the more you will need them down the road & it creates an ugly downward spiral.

Quoting Quatrekins:

Some people's systems just aren't as tough as yours, I guess ;) It would probably help for them to be on a good regimine, but even still, we are all different. Consider yourself fortunate!

Quoting IcU2:

For the life of me I can't figure out why some people have so many infections that need antibiotics all the time. I understand that kids get ear infections etc but it seems some people are constantly on antibiotics and their kids are constantly on antibiotics

samurai_chica
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:52 AM

YESSSSS!

I have never used antibiotics for strep. Very easy & very yummy!!!

Mix raw lemon juice with honey...just eyeball it. The acidity in the lemon dissolves the honey. The honey pulls out the infection while the lemon kills it.

also, make some warm salt water using pink himalayan salt. This will also kill the infection.

Alternate gargling between the two ALL day long. Like every 1/2 an hour or ever hour. It's best if you do the lemon first, then the salt water afterwards.

I have cured strep in a single day using this technique for my whole family. Everyone in my family has used this & it works wonders. You just have to make sure to stick with it & gargle regularly.

Also, take raw garlic so you can also heal from the inside. Raw garlic is 1000 stronger than any antibiotic out there. I cut it up in small pieces & swallow it like a pill.

For ear infections, mix 1 part alcohol to 1 part apple cider vinagar...let sit in ear for about 5 minutes. Do this throughout the day. It also takes the pain away. This also works...but you have to get it before it's too bad. If the ear infection gets real bad, it will be harder to cure & you may really need antibiotics.

Quoting crystalplus1:

Any home remedies for an ear infection and strep throat?

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quatrekins
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:07 AM

I'm sure there is truth to your statement, but that doesn't negate what I said. Regardless of antibiotic use, everyone's system is different. Some people have lowered immune systems for other reasons.

Quoting samurai_chica:

it's because the more you take antibiotics, the less likely it is that your body will kill the infection on it's own. The more you take antibiotics, the more infections you will suffer in your life. 

Again...antibiotics kill your immunity...for the long haul. Not just temporarily. The more you use them....the more you will need them down the road & it creates an ugly downward spiral.

Quoting Quatrekins:

Quoting IcU2:

CafeMom Tickers
samurai_chica
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:16 AM

yes, that is true...but taking antibiotics lowers their immune system even more. Although, i understand that sometimes you have to take it. It just turns into an ugly cycle.

I have a lot of friends who use it for everything...even a common cold. And they are the folks in my life who get sick the most. They will not listen to me....i don't know who their Dr.'s are that they prescribe them antibiotics for a friggen cold...then again, they have so many laying around...as soon as they feel something coming on, they pop an antibiotic. Maybe there are other reasons that they get sick way more than others, but the taking those antibiotics is only making them sick more.

Quoting Quatrekins:

I'm sure there is truth to your statement, but that doesn't negate what I said. Regardless of antibiotic use, everyone's system is different. Some people have lowered immune systems for other reasons.

Quoting samurai_chica:

Quoting Quatrekins:

Quoting IcU2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)