Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

so i went to the dr for my headaches and she thinks they are sinus related and i probably have a sinus infection, I also have a UTI. (yeah me) so she prescribes amoxicillin. so i did some research and geez is no antibiotic safe, every single one has lists miles long of possible adverse reactions. 

although i have never known anyone irl allergic to amox, (plus my sister takes it for her uti's and she likes it). its still worrisome everytime we have to take this kind of stuff. 

no replies needed, especiaslly if you've almost died taking it or something, lol just a small vent

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Replies (71-80):
Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:52 AM

My 8 yr old is allergic to amoxicillin and penicillin. Thankfully her reaction is mild. She takes zithromax (sp?) instead. But dh's two younger sisters are allergic also so we were very careful when giving it to the other 3 kids dh and I have together and so far so good. We will try it if needed with the new little guy when the time comes.

Little Man

pregnancy week by week

mary841108
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:56 AM

they HAVE to list the adverse reactions on any medicine for your personal information. if they did not do that and someone had one of the severe reactions, the company that makes that med is probably going to get sued. i dont pay attention to everything i read on a pill bottle or anywhere else for that matter. if that were the case, i'd be holed up in a nuclear bomb shelter, covered in a blanket and rocking back and forth til i die. thats no way to live.

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Quoting mary841108:

they HAVE to list the adverse reactions on any medicine for your personal information. if they did not do that and someone had one of the severe reactions, the company that makes that med is probably going to get sued. i dont pay attention to everything i read on a pill bottle or anywhere else for that matter. if that were the case, i'd be holed up in a nuclear bomb shelter, covered in a blanket and rocking back and forth til i die. thats no way to live.

yeah i usually don't even read the phamplet if its something i've already taken.

loved the end. lol

piwife
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:09 PM
I use antibiotics as a last resort. I usually use natural stuff first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kennadismom
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM
They are now linking antibiotics to macular degeneration and cornial detachment because drs are so quick to just shove antibiotics at people
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Quoting piwife:

I use antibiotics as a last resort. I usually use natural stuff first

i tried natural stuff first, didn't work.

MicheleJM
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Key word "possible".  Probable on a lot of those--pretty low.

Lynette
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

yogert contains too much sugar making the probiotic ineffective.  Better to buy capsules(you want ones that are refrigerated).  You can buy them at a health food or supplement type store.  I have even seen them in the refrigerated case in the natural foods section of my grocery store.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Quoting Lynette:

after that cycle of antibiotics do a cycle of probiotics to keep away any bad side effects, heal your gut.

what like yogurt?

Kylie819
by Emerald Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:57 PM
I'm allergic to amoxicillin, but it just gives me bad hives.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
New.OrleansLady
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Anyone allergic to penicillin is allergic to amoxicillin 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN