Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

so i went to the dr for my headaches and she thinks they are sinus related and i probably have a sinus infection, I also have a UTI. (yeah me) so she prescribes amoxicillin. so i did some research and geez is no antibiotic safe, every single one has lists miles long of possible adverse reactions. 

although i have never known anyone irl allergic to amox, (plus my sister takes it for her uti's and she likes it). its still worrisome everytime we have to take this kind of stuff. 

no replies needed, especiaslly if you've almost died taking it or something, lol just a small vent

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Replies (81-90):
TranquilMind
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Yeah.  Only take what you absolutely need, and try to stay well the rest of the time!    It always works better if you don't take it often.  Do add some probiotics too.

specialwingz
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:29 PM

So does aspirin, Tylenol, ibuprofen, any medication, really.  Along with vitamins, processed foods, and most anything else you use in your life.

mary841108
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:43 PM

the neti pot aka the nose douche works really well for sinuses and stuffy noses but sometimes ya just need antibiotics. superbugs are basically caused by people not taking the script as directed (taking them until you start feeling better) as long as you take them x amount of times for x amount of days until they are gone then your body doesnt get immune to them

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Im allergic to amox. i get hives all over my body, but that is the only adverse reaction i have ever had.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2five87
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:47 PM
I feel the same way. I am really nervous about taking any antibiotics and I've had bad reactions from a couple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:47 PM

why does everyone say eat yogurt ten?

Quoting Lynette:

yogert contains too much sugar making the probiotic ineffective.  Better to buy capsules(you want ones that are refrigerated).  You can buy them at a health food or supplement type store.  I have even seen them in the refrigerated case in the natural foods section of my grocery store.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Quoting Lynette:

after that cycle of antibiotics do a cycle of probiotics to keep away any bad side effects, heal your gut.

what like yogurt?

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Quoting mary841108:

the neti pot aka the nose douche works really well for sinuses and stuffy noses but sometimes ya just need antibiotics. superbugs are basically caused by people not taking the script as directed (taking them until you start feeling better) as long as you take them x amount of times for x amount of days until they are gone then your body doesnt get immune to them

yeah i'm pretty lucky, none of us really need them that much. actually ydd gets them the most for uti's, wish i could find something natural for her. until then i have no choice really.

oh and i was thinking about getting one of those, i swa some at work.

mary841108
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:54 PM

if you go to samplestuff.com sometimes you can snag one for free. thats how i got mine

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Quoting mary841108:

yeah i'm pretty lucky, none of us really need them that much. actually ydd gets them the most for uti's, wish i could find something natural for her. until then i have no choice really.

oh and i was thinking about getting one of those, i swa some at work.

Kitschy
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Every time you take any antibiotic you do irreparable damage to your intestines. I try not to take them and I'm allergic to a bunch of them. lol

Lynette
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:20 PM

because advertiserswant to sell their product.  And people are affected by advertisers. Years ago doctors sed to actually prescribe probiotics for people after the antibiotics to prevent yeast issues and to boost back up their immune systems.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

why does everyone say eat yogurt ten?

Quoting Lynette:

yogert contains too much sugar making the probiotic ineffective.  Better to buy capsules(you want ones that are refrigerated).  You can buy them at a health food or supplement type store.  I have even seen them in the refrigerated case in the natural foods section of my grocery store.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Quoting Lynette:

after that cycle of antibiotics do a cycle of probiotics to keep away any bad side effects, heal your gut.

what like yogurt?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN