Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Any Cosmetology Students?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:13 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hi, if someone could give me advice, that would be great. I'm looking into Regency Beauty Institute but I've read some pretty bad reviews on them online. I have a tour tomorrow and now I'm kind of nervous. Does anyone know about this school or have any suggestions on a really good school? I'm in Cincinnati.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
pamelax3
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Sorry no information here, I am in Texas! Here is a bump

ReD.RoCkEr
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2angels88
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:23 PM
I went Vatterott school of cosmetology, I know they have them in several different states and they were great. I loved the school and we got a lot of practice on clients.

Good luck! And have fun!!!!
BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Don't do it!

What you want to do is go to some salons in your area. Ask what schools they will accept stylists from and why. Ask them where you should go, and what you should look for.

If a place has bad reviews online, it probably is not the best school ever. 

Also, don't sign ANY financial aid papers with out reading them completely and being entirely sure that this is the school you want to go to.

Research the other beauty schools in your area and make sure that you pick the best one. Because if you don't you will be stuck with loans and a job at a chain salon making little to no money.

Photobucket

Mommy2OWL
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I know this is a delayed reply, but I live in Indiana and I've been touring and looking at different cosmetology schools here. Both Regency's I went to we're dirty and most other schools were ghetto, for lack of a better term. I came down to Paul Mitchell and Aveda Fredric's Institute. Aveda was much more upbeat and friendly from what I could see so I choose AFI and will begin school soon. There is an AFI in Cincinnati and I'd recommend you look into it if you haven't and are still looking for a school. Many NAHA recipients go to AFI. On the right side of this page is a list of recognitions, www.avedafredricsinstitute.com/about/

Good luck :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN