Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help! Why does my house smell like trash!?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:29 PM
  • 15 Replies
Omg it's driving me nuts! I thought this morning it was because I threw away a package from chicken last night and forgot to take the trash out. So I took out the trash and rinsed the can then I checked the kitchen drains, I sniffed all around the kitchen but really only smell it in the living room so I moved the couch and looked under there nothing. What the hell I'm afraid something died under the house and the smell is coming through the floor because I've checked every possible place it's driving me nuts and hubs is out of town until Thursday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nancym3
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:32 PM
It's the possum.

Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Lol!

Quoting nancym3:

It's the possum.

Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by Emmy on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:26 PM

check your drip pan under your fridge...

Quatrekins
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I hope something didn't die under your house! That would be awful @.@ Maybe your house just needs to air out? Open all the windows and put a fan in one. (Bundle up like an eskimo if it's super cold outside!)

zombiemommy7
by mamakels on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have any mousetraps in the house? 

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Nope I talked to hubs this afternoon and he said maybe something's in the vent for the heater :( my ass isn't getting up on the roof so it is going to have to wait until he gets home.

Quoting zombiemommy7:

Do you have any mousetraps in the house? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Check for rogue potatoes. I once found one that somehow made it inside the bottom cabinets and was rotting away. It drove me nuts for a week before I found it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM
I thought about that I cleaned out my whole pantry ugh!!!! It's driving me nuts!!!

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Check for rogue potatoes. I once found one that somehow made it inside the bottom cabinets and was rotting away. It drove me nuts for a week before I found it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM
My house is always open I live in southern ca it was 82 here today.

Quoting Quatrekins:

I hope something didn't die under your house! That would be awful @.@ Maybe your house just needs to air out? Open all the windows and put a fan in one. (Bundle up like an eskimo if it's super cold outside!)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Could be a dead mouse.  We had one die under the cabinets and it smelled like a garbage dump in the kitchen for a couple of weeks.  I cleaned out the dishwasher and the disposal and it didn't help.  When we tore down the cabinets to redo the kitchen, we found the body.  Can you take the kickplates off of the bottom of the cabinets to see if you can find it?  Also pull the appliances out from the wall and look behind them too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)