Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Get your ass up and help your own kid!!!

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
I went to a indoor bounce thing tonight with my son. There is this one slide that is pretty hard to get to for the kids so myself and other parents were helping our kids. Well one ladies kid was having trouble getting up and she told her daughter that she wasnt getting in to help her that she didn't need to go up. Well a couple minutes later her daughter was crying saying that if everyone else wasn't on it making it move she could make it up. The mom went to talk to the staff member (a 16ish girl) and said that everyone needed to get for at least 10 minutes so her daughter could go up. The staff member explained to her that since everyone paid to us this equipment the best she could do is make sure her daughter has a bit of space and the kids/parents are taking their turns. She gets all pissy and demands to speak to the manager. When the manager come in, he told her she would have one attempt to do it on her own but if she didn't succeed he would let other kids back on. Well she didn't succeed. I just hate when parents act this way and won't even help their child out. If she would of just asked I am sure I or one of the other parents would of helped her daughter but since she acted like this I wasn't even offering
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
grey7399
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I'm not sure what I would have done.  I probably would have offered to help when she refused to help her own child.  Privately, not with the child listening.

Still.  What a bitch.

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Oh wow! Yea, I completely agree with you.

Homeschoolmom99
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

My son goes to one for Autism Therapy I or my wife or his sister is in the thing at some point I agree. Was it pump it up? I had to do an obstacle course the last time and he had to help me over the wall! I am a former Marine and I had no clue how to do it!

Crazylovingfam
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Well when she said she didn't need to do it to her daughters at that point I was already helping my son (and it is nearly impossible to help two kids at once on this) and before I got to the bottom again is when she thru the fit with my husband standing right her there

Quoting grey7399:

I'm not sure what I would have done.  I probably would have offered to help when she refused to help her own child.  Privately, not with the child listening.

Still.  What a bitch.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazylovingfam
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:15 PM
I think it used to be called pump it up but the name was recently changed to leapfrog

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

My son goes to one for Autism Therapy I or my wife or his sister is in the thing at some point I agree. Was it pump it up? I had to do an obstacle course the last time and he had to help me over the wall! I am a former Marine and I had no clue how to do it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazylovingfam
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:16 PM
This thing was fairly difficult but doable.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:20 PM

that does make your options different.

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

Well when she said she didn't need to do it to her daughters at that point I was already helping my son (and it is nearly impossible to help two kids at once on this) and before I got to the bottom again is when she thru the fit with my husband standing right her there

Quoting grey7399:

Still.  What a bitch.

ladymadrox
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:31 PM
See, its one thing to encourage your child to do it alone and if they can't at least help them get it. But to do neither is laziness.
marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:33 PM
I love playing on those with ds. I dont help him unless he ask's though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN