Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Dating Advice

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM
  • 3 Replies

So Ladies, 

I definitely haven't even started looking or even have anyone in mind really... but I think I'm getting closer to simply saying, "I'm ready to date." Big, Scary step if you ask me. And let's be honest, even if and when I declare this...hell if I know how to even go about putting myself out there. (do NOT confuse this with putting out, lol. It's not what I mean.)  

I feel very out of the loop; my life revolves around my DD who is almost 2 and my work. I don't feel that I have a whole lot to talk about other than these two topics, lol. 

I know many of you moms are either currently single and/or have been single and are now remarried, have a fiancee/boyfriend etc. 

How did you mom's "meet" your husband/fiancee/boyfriend?

Any advice in general from anyone?

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
grey7399
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I would be in your boat.  19 years out of the loop though.

However, I met my hubby through my work.  We met at a conference type thing.  Just happened to hit it off.  I NEVER thought he was my type or that it would be a forever thing.  Or that I would even date him more than a couple of times.

You have to put yourself out there.  Start up conversations with people buying starfruit at the groery store.  The guy shopping at HomeDepot - if they are available, they'll chat back.

NewMama28
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Quoting grey7399:

However, I met my hubby through my work.  We met at a conference type thing.  Just happened to hit it off.  I NEVER thought he was my type or that it would be a forever thing.  Or that I would even date him more than a couple of times.

You have to put yourself out there.  Start up conversations with people buying starfruit at the groery store.  The guy shopping at HomeDepot - if they are available, they'll chat back.

I think that's awesome you met your hubby the way you did. Unplanned, unintended, it was just supposed to happen. =)

I LOVE my work and my company; butttt...we are comprised of a very eclectic set of individuals. I love my co-workers but most of the men that work here are looking at the same eye candy I'm looking at. LOL. 

Eesh...striking up a conversation with a random guy is extremely frightening to me! But I know you're right....

grey7399
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM

NEVER date guys you work with.  Thats a mess and usually there is a rule against it.  My husband worked for another company - not a rival.  Having common ground was a nice ice breaker.

before that, it was YEARS of dating guys I went to college with, highschool (OMG), blind dates... thanks alot - to my friends....  If you have any reunions coming up, thats a good time to have a look around.

Think about some things... do you want a guy with baggage?  Self sufficient guy?  Maybe I'll join you.  Hubby is on my badside this year.

Quoting NewMama28:

Quoting grey7399:

I think that's awesome you met your hubby the way you did. Unplanned, unintended, it was just supposed to happen. =)

I LOVE my work and my company; butttt...we are comprised of a very eclectic set of individuals. I love my co-workers but most of the men that work here are looking at the same eye candy I'm looking at. LOL. 

Eesh...striking up a conversation with a random guy is extremely frightening to me! But I know you're right....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)