Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

need advise asap edit read the bold

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM
  • 37 Replies

i am with my so and he treats me like shit, i was wanting to know that if i left him can he take the kids if i have custody of them and he has vistiation on the weekends only. he cant even help us get a place of our own.

i am talking to a real good friend and he can support me and my kids and is willing to let us live with him and not pay a single bill, but the guy i am with right now would rather spend the money then pay bills. please help me i want out but need to know about the custody thing first.

my ds and dd

EDIT

I HAVE CUSTODY OF THE KIDS, HE HAS 3 OTHER KIDS THAT HE DONT EVEN BOTHER TO TAKE CARE OF. WE ARE NOT MARRIED. THE OTHER GUY LOVES MY KIDS. THE ONE I AM WITH HAS A CRIMINAL PAST AND IS ON PROBATION AND DOES NOT EVEN PAY HIS COURT FINES OR CHILD SUPPORT.

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Uhm, im not sure how that works. Do you have a lawyer? Bump and hopefully someone can help you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by faith on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:31 PM

BUMP!

grey7399
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

ugh - sick to my stomach reading this shit.

but no.  He can't take custody of the kids just because you leave him.  AS long as you can provide a clean home, food, utilities and keep them safe, he can't take them.

Does your "friend" have a criminal past?  That might be an issue if so.

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I have no idea.

Here's a good luck bump!

3xangel
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:10 AM
6 moms liked this
Sigh. How about YOU step up to the plate and at least TRY to support your children *INSTEAD* of relying on some man.

Gosh, I hate seeing posts like this. Jumping from one man to the next and dragging your kids along for the ride. Smh .

Do you have a job? Do you have a degree, certification, or skill you can put to use to make money?

You CAN be an independent woman who can provide for her kids without needing to depend on a man.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dlnimo
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:39 AM
Just because she is letting a friend help her doesn't mean she isn't trying to support her family. SMH at jumping to conclusions.......

Quoting 3xangel:

Sigh. How about YOU step up to the plate and at least TRY to support your children *INSTEAD* of relying on some man.

Gosh, I hate seeing posts like this. Jumping from one man to the next and dragging your kids along for the ride. Smh .

Do you have a job? Do you have a degree, certification, or skill you can put to use to make money?

You CAN be an independent woman who can provide for her kids without needing to depend on a man.

3xangel
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Smh at the lack of personal responsibility some people have. Moving her children in with another man IS NOT her supporting her children.

Quoting dlnimo:

Just because she is letting a friend help her doesn't mean she isn't trying to support her family. SMH at jumping to conclusions.......

Quoting 3xangel:

k94_B90_b12
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:38 AM
1 mom liked this
You all are very rude , if you don't got nothing nice to say bounce.
Thanks.
& miss lady he can't unless you prove to the judge that you can provide a safe home for your kids.
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:00 AM

you would have to go to court and get full legal custody, otherwise yes he can take them if he wants and theres nothing you can really do.

PinkyPan
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Unless you have a custody order in place he can fail to return the children to you with no consequences. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)