Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I don't even want to invite her to her granddaughters bday party..

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:44 PM
  • 44 Replies

Her = my mom.

She has never been a mom to any of her 4 children. She has always put drugs and men above her kids, and now, her grandkids. She is married, but I recently found out that she doesn't even go home anymore. She's been staying with her boyfriend (effed up, I know). I was also told by several family members that she's doing hard drugs again. I know it's true. The last time I saw her, she had dropped about 20 pounds and looked like she had aged about 15 years. She looked horrible. When I asked her about the drugs, she didn't admit to it, but she didn't deny it either. I have a 9 yr old brother that lives there and I don't even know when she saw him last. She pays the neighbors to take him to and from school, so she doesn't have to.

At this point, I feel like I need to take a step back from her and let her figure things out on her own. She has no relationship with my kids anyways. When I USED to take my kids to her house, she wouldn't even have anything to do with them. It seemed like her neighbor would call EVERYTIME I was there. So, my mom would always leave to go to her neighbors house to get high.

What would you do if you were in my situation?

Also, if I do decide not to invite her, should I 1) Simply not tell her about the party at all OR 2) Just tell her that she's not invited...?? My mom has a tendency to "guilt trip" me, so I'm seriously considering not even mentioning it to her at all.

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grey7399
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:45 PM
5 moms liked this

Don't mention it.  You'll just cause hell for everyone.  If you can figure out a way to get your 9 yr old little brother, great.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Dont even tell her about it and get your brother into a more stable life whether it be with you or someone else.

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Quoting grey7399:

Don't mention it.  You'll just cause hell for everyone.  If you can figure out a way to get your 9 yr old little brother, great.

Yea, I can get him....no problem. I've already talked to my stepdad.

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Dont even tell her about it and get your brother into a more stable life whether it be with you or someone else.

I'm working on it. I wasn't sure exactly what's been going with my mom until yesterday. She told me (through facebook) she was moving out. Now, I know that she's leaving him behind...not surprised.

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM

BUMP!

redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Call CPS on her ass and get your brother out of that situations. Fuck the damn birthday party, your brother needs your help!!!!

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting redneckmama2:

Call CPS on her ass and get your brother out of that situations. Fuck the damn birthday party, your brother needs your help!!!!

CPS has been called. They did a home check, asked a bunch of questions, nothing ever came out of it.

Besides, even though my mom is shitty as hell, my stepdad has ALWAYS taken care of my brother. Don't get me wrong, he could do better, but he's been doing a damn good job, IMO.

Your "fuck that damn birthday party" is rude and COMPLETELY unnecessary! That is my child and she WILL have a bday party.

pinkkpixiee
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I have the same problem with my mother and my younger sister is 13 and I will soon be 21. My sister has lived with me since the day I turned 18. My mother has never came to one of my sons birthday partys or my sisters. The only time she calls is to ask for money. I feel your pain, your a strong woman to deal with these issues.

Mommy to Aidan Shaddix <3 Future wife to Jonathon Dean <3

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Quoting pinkkpixiee:

I have the same problem with my mother and my younger sister is 13 and I will soon be 21. My sister has lived with me since the day I turned 18. My mother has never came to one of my sons birthday partys or my sisters. The only time she calls is to ask for money. I feel your pain, your a strong woman to deal with these issues.

Oh wow! That's awesome that you are taking care of your sister. I know that my stepdad is going to take care of my brother, regardless of what my moms doing, I just hate to see him grow up the same way the rest of his siblings did. 

AmericanChild82
by Chrissy on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Just don't tell her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN