Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

He has outsmarted me at every turn. So I went cartoon on him.

I'M RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS, OK?!

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Replies (31-39):
jj4ij
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I had a little tiny mouse once, would come out in the light right in front of me, I mean literally I would sit with a bowl in my lap cause he would come up so close that I would TRY to drop it on him...  NEVER worked!   He also could stand on his hind legs and open up the cabinet door with his head and go in, stay in for a bit then just come right back out!  I was scared, shocked, stunned and impressed.  Also, he was kinda cute.  Well, I got RAT sticky traps, they are pretty big in size comparison with him....  I literally lined them up from one wall to the other to make sure I caught him....  he would have to cross them, right?  Yeah, well he would jump over them, even in a moment of panic when I would be chasing him, he never missed a beat.  Unbelievable.  Got a cat, mouse went bye, byes!   Good Luck Mama.  I called an exterminator too, and they said there are no signs of them living there and so it was probably a wanderer and would hopefully be leaving soon, he recommended I not spend the money and try to catch him myself.  He Loved chocolate.  Ate my sons Easter candy, all the way up on top of the microwave!  He had true skills. 

shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:00 PM

LOL.  Usually peanut butter smeared all over a mouse trap works for us.  When my dog's food goes missing faster than I know they can eat it, I know I need to set a trap.

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:08 PM

snap trap - set sensitive - no outsmarting anything.

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:09 PM

woa - how many mice do you get that would make a sizeable different in a dog kibble bowl!

Quoting shoot4thestars:

LOL.  Usually peanut butter smeared all over a mouse trap works for us.  When my dog's food goes missing faster than I know they can eat it, I know I need to set a trap.

momof2boy2girl
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:11 PM
My sister went "fishing" for mice in her house. They put some kind of food into o a little box and attached it to a fishing pole. She said it worked. I have three cats, so I have not seen any mice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Smart mouse love ur trap:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Quoting FooLynRoo:

woa - how many mice do you get that would make a sizeable different in a dog kibble bowl!

Quoting shoot4thestars:

Probably 2 or 3 in the winter. 

justahousewife
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Did it work? lol I don't have that much time on my hands, otherwise cool. :-) Living in the middle of acres of pasture and woods we get a steady stream of mice. I have live traps, snap traps and a couple of buckets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)