Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Post Partum Depression Sucks............You Feel So Alone.

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:21 AM
  • 6 Replies

So I'm 11 weeks PP and I was Diagnosed shortly after the birth of my daughter with post partum depression it's absolutly horrible.I've been trying to deal with it the best way I know how but it isn't easy "I know alot of things in life arn't easy".I feel so alone because it feels like noone understands.I try to talk with my Mom but she doesn't understand she keeps on saying it's a hormone imbalance and it will go away but it isn't. She did stay with me most of the first month of my daughters life and that was great and I appreciate it but sometimes I just need someone to be there and she keeps rubbing it in my face it seems like.It's like if I knew she would be like that I wouldn't of had her stay all that time because now on days/nights when I really need her she wont help or she rubs it in my face.I just wish more people understood me and understood that sometimes I need help because I feel like I'm going insane.With postpartum I feel tired alot and sluggish and I get headaches anxiety and alot of stuff.I look at my baby and I feel sad and angry because i'm missing out on so much because of this horrible PPD.I'm always there for things but to really enjoy every minute every second like I always dreamed of when I had a baby.I just wish there was more people out there that I could really talk to that know what i'm going through or have been through it before.

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nicole6870
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:34 AM
Been there done that 3x and fixing to be 4. It sucks. My first was the hardest. I had almost no one after the first few weeks and it was a horrible mess of a c-section. The other 2 were cesarean too but not so bad. Just take a deep breath and try to remember that all the picture perfect bs is just that. Bs. Take one day at a time. If you have to walk away for a breather, do so. It's much less detrimental than losing it. My PP lasted for years (i'm biolar and unmedicated as well so don't freak out). Are you married? Is there anyone else you can ask for help? Also the baby will be exposed to germs eventually so there's no need to stay hold up in your house. Visit your mom, friends, go eat whatever. Life does get back to semi normal eventually, I promise.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Oceana09
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:39 AM

At least you got treated for it. I never did. I refused to admit that there was something wrong. And my DH at the time didn't help. He was hung over when DD was born, and then the night after we got her home he was out at the bar constantly. He was there every night for about 2 weeks. Every night he was going out to "celebrate" dd's birth with someone new. I didn't just "feel" alone, I WAS alone and it sucked.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Mommabearsfirst
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:50 AM

I am married but my Husband works alot so it's just me at night because he needs to sleep and I try to get out during the day usually im with my Mom but i'm always exausted.

Quoting nicole6870:

Been there done that 3x and fixing to be 4. It sucks. My first was the hardest. I had almost no one after the first few weeks and it was a horrible mess of a c-section. The other 2 were cesarean too but not so bad. Just take a deep breath and try to remember that all the picture perfect bs is just that. Bs. Take one day at a time. If you have to walk away for a breather, do so. It's much less detrimental than losing it. My PP lasted for years (i'm biolar and unmedicated as well so don't freak out). Are you married? Is there anyone else you can ask for help? Also the baby will be exposed to germs eventually so there's no need to stay hold up in your house. Visit your mom, friends, go eat whatever. Life does get back to semi normal eventually, I promise.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Look into PPD groups that the hospital may host for new moms or moms with new babies.  As you know it is important for you to take care of yourself so that the baby is best taken care of.  I think mom is wrong to make you feel bad for something you can not control.

itsm3
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:50 AM

go get treatment.  PPD if left untreated can spiral into clinical depression... that happened to me.  everyone was all "oh, it'll go away in X months" so i waited and waited... and a year and a half later, i was going crazy, my life was so dark and i could barely get up out of bed.

my psychiatrist saved me; if i hadn't made that appointment, i was probably about a few months from suicide :(.  PPD is no joke; please get treated.

i blogged about my experience.  i often reflect about my experience to remember where i was and how far i've come after treatment.  there are TONS of online resources from women who have dealt with PPD (and other forms of depression).  reach out to them, me, anyone; just please seek help; you'll be glad you did!

sparklebug86
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:55 AM

have you looked into medication just to get you over the hump? A big part of it, I feel, is the change in your body, this new addition which has taken away alot of freedom and of course some hormones. I had it with my first and I HATED it! Maybe look into some herbal remedies or you could start excercising and doing something for you. Get back in shape, by yourself some new clothes ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN