Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is this a crazy fear?!

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:03 AM
  • 1 Replies
I have 2 stepchildren. I love and adore them more than life itself! Now that I'm actively trying to conceive, I have this fear. My stepson, 5, is a complete whimp and crybaby. He screams, throws tantrums, and starts balling every time something doesn't go his way. He behaves about like a 2 year old. And, I'm not jokiing or being mean. My husband babies him relentlessly and refuses to discipline him ("i dint believe in punishing a kids their ages, theyre too little") it's so bad it affects his school work, ability to make friends etc. even kids don't like kids who throw tantrums. I have tried to talk to DH about taking DS to a professional, or for us to think of taking a parenting class together. Even before he even considered having a baby with me.

I say he acts like a two year old, because when he's hungry or thirsty or scared or tired he sits where he is and starts screaming/crying. More like an infant.

I am so scared that if we conceive he's going to do this to our child as well. I'm almost so scared that I feel like it would be wrong to bring a child into a home with a parent that doesnt believe in raising kids, and just wants to be their friend, and keep them babies as long as possible.

I want to reiterate I love my kids, they're my life. But my only allows me to do so much for them!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
lactatingloon
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:35 AM
I don't blame you at all, I'm currently going through something similar with my dh. He wants another baby asap and so do I but we rarely see him as it is, so if he doesn't have time for the family he has do I really want to put more demands on me alone? No I don't but I don't want to miss out on more babies either, so I don't know. Sorry I'm not much help :/ I was raised in a household where we got spanked on a very regular basis. I'm a strong believer in not being their friend until they've show you that they don't need a parent in that situation. Definitely need to revisit this convo with your dh
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)