Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does anyone really work from home? Or is it all scams?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:09 PM
  • 37 Replies

I'd really like to work from home, I make and sell my own jewelry but it doesnt bring in enough cash to quit my job.

I see a lot of ads for work at home jobs but they all turn out to be scams.

Anyone know of anything legit that can bring in some extra $$ ?

Shauna

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bowribbonmama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Avon, Party Light, Mary Kay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
forsakenjewl24
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM

scentsy too. but my SO owns his own business and works from home so it is possiable.

evamy
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Hi! My name is Amy and I agree with you. There are sooo many scams out there and I have fell victim to several of them. But, I do work from home and it is 100% legit. I make decent money, still working outside my home for now as well but soon I will no longer have to do so. I am very excited about that! So yes there are legit businesses out there. If you would like to check out EveVenture sometime let me know and I would be happy to share it with you. My email is evamyq@yahoo.com or you can go look at my website http://www.eveventuremamas.com/

Linds2Horse
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I work from home but don't have one of those "work from home" jobs you see advertised. I have a regular, white collar job for a high tech company, and my manager allows me to work from home 75% of the time.  I only go in to the office when I have meetings.  

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Same here.

Quoting Linds2Horse:

I work from home but don't have one of those "work from home" jobs you see advertised. I have a regular, white collar job for a high tech company, and my manager allows me to work from home 75% of the time.  I only go in to the office when I have meetings.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PartyGalAnne
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I work from home. I party full time! :)

umsarah
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I work at home as freelance translator, but this really needs a degree as a linguist and a lot of experience. Unfortunately, some people thing that translation is a job any one can do, so I have seen many scandulous mistakes during my work as proofreader.

davnrori
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I also worked from home as a translator (Korean) and I agree with you 100% that someone has have a degree, or be a native speaker, in order to do the job. 4 years of HS language is not going to cut it and a person could end up making a lot of mistakes. I was a freelance interpreter specializing in medical and law interpreting (Korean) in Hawaii. Did you focus on a specialty area or were you general?

Quoting umsarah:

I work at home as freelance translator, but this really needs a degree as a linguist and a lot of experience. Unfortunately, some people thing that translation is a job any one can do, so I have seen many scandulous mistakes during my work as proofreader.

Sportbominable
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:02 AM

My parent's neighbor, who is a friend of ours, works from home. He does something with computers. He has a degree through CHI Institute of Technology. 

davnrori
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Medical transcription is a job that you can do from home. I'm currently getting my AAS in MT but I've heard that you don't need a degree if you have experience and an ADHI certification.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)